1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor Mill] Blazer, Knicks, rockets in preliminary talks; Carmelo Anthony likely involved

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jul 6, 2017.

1. baubo

baubo Member

He's pretty legit in NY so he both has a lot of followers and his reputation is at stake, at least with the people he cares about which are knicks fans.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

that Leonard contract is like herpes

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Well he's not saying it's happening. If doesn't happen, he just says sides couldn't reach a deal.

Gorki, Nimo and macho GRANDE like this.
  4. baubo

baubo Member

That goes without saying for anyone, even Woj.

5. aroundtheblock2

But they can break that up if they want to. They can still move one of those guys in the future instead of having to move both. With Anderson its the entire contract that has to be moved.

tmoney1101 and topfive like this.
  6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Right, so I don't think he's really putting his reputation at stake here. If he starts saying the deal is nearing completion or that is even likely, then he's putting his nuts on the table.

BigggReddd likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dude is watching his rumor get hijacked

jevjnd likes this.
  9. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Trying to figure out the incentive for the knicks. One idea is that Rockets take on one of these contracts from the Knicks with the NGs. Dollar amounts work for something like that.

10. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I know it's not official, but if Portland helps Houston get Carmelo does it make up for the Damian Lillard shot? It kinda does for me

11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

As long as we dont face them in the first round and ryan anderson does not kill us in the playoffs.

Tfor3, Ozzy, shadowsb23 and 2 others like this.
  12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

No.

I still feel like that if we won Game 6, we could have won Game 7 in Houston.

Next series would be against the Spurs. That season we were 4-0 against them in the regular season. The Spurs couldn't keep up with the athleticism of Dwight Howard and Terrence Jones (had a couple of 20/10 games). Leonard was just beginning to take that next step but was still deferring to Parker and Tim. I think we have a good chance at that series.

Next series was going to be against the Thunder. Definitely a tough series. James has on/off games against them, Dwight was ehh against them that season (Adams was big enough), KD is always tough. Probably lose this series.

Would a WCF make up for that Lillard shot? I guess but then look at what might could have happened in the offseason.

Maybe we try harder to keep the core of Harden/Parsons/Howard together? Might strike out again on Bosh but maybe the Rockets believe that Parsons is a good enough 3rd star. Probably happy with Jones at the starting PF, too. We probably go into the offseason looking to fill out the bench (still trade Asik and maybe Lin), instead of going for a max player. Go after a nice bench piece, re-sign Parsons and effectively hard-cap us.

No Ariza. No room for Brewer, Smith, Terry, etc. Parsons probably still gets knee problems. Rockets are now possibly in cap hell with injury prone Parsons..

Ozzy likes this.
  13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Whoa whoa guys...looking forward to the CP3-PatBev matchup first

14. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

People can dog melo all they want and not want him on the rockets, but you have to realize the best offensive talent hes had play with him until last year with porzingas( a rookie) was JR Smith. He has to create the offense. On the rockets he would be like FIBA melo. Hes just a way better player off the ball catching and shooting. Hes never played with any stars in NY ...ever.

Perki-Perk, Tfor3, Ozzy and 7 others like this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I would never say such a thing.

That said - it really does seem like things are heating up....really.

red5rocket, J.R., Zboy and 5 others like this.
  16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I am dwoght howards barber and i can confirm melo gets haircuts

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

I was at that game. NOTHING could make up for that shot. Ever.

Corrosion, Gorki, Ozzy and 1 other person like this.
  18. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

And that is another reason he gets dogged on here. Because he chose the money over playing with other stars. He can only blame himself.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I always had a soft spot for Portland because just like us they lost 2 great players to injury and were forced to rebuild on the fly... Brandon Roy and Oden would have been fun.

Perki-Perk likes this.
  20. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

No he chose New York because he wanted to play there. He actually didnt sign for the full full max. Phil Jackson convinced him theyd be building a great team and he would bring in stars. Well he didnt.