1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RUMOR] John Brantley to transfer

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 2, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Maybe he comes to Texas for real this time.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Won't he be a senior next year and lose a year of eligibility if he transfers

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

not 100% sure, but i think he can play right away if he majors in a program not offered at Florida. that's what that masoli guy did when he went to ole miss after leaving oregon.

5. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

You can play right away if you earned a degree at your previous school and enroll in a graduate program at your new school.

6. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Rumor has it that he may be transferring to Delaware, so he won't have to worry about sitting out because it is a FCS school.

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I've watched about 7-8 Florida games this year and I have came to a conclusion...

....Brantley sucks.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yup, he's not nearly as bad as Gilbert, but he's not an SEC starting QB for a premier program either.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Well, I bet Urban Meyer flat-out told him he wouldn't be the starter next year. The back-up looked better than him this season whenever he DID play, so this isn't really surprising to me.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This. I didn't watch UF enough to have any clue about the backup, but my guess is Brantley knows he isn't welcome back (as the starter). It was clear early in the season he doesn't have the talent to measure up.

11. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Not too surprised to hear of this. Not only was Brantley not very good, but I'd imagine the coaching staff is eager to try to get Jordan Reed or Trey Burton in there. That way, they could run an offense more like what they were running with Tebow. Brantley was just an ill-fit for them. When the offense was cooking, it always felt like it was in spite of him.

12. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Weren't Brantley and Gilbert 5 star quarterbacks?

Who the hell is making up these rankings?

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Al Davis

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

A microcosm of their season happened just this past weekend against Florida State. The score was 24-7 FSU, with about 2:30 left in the half. Florida has the ball, and Trey Burton is in. They start moving the ball with authority, getting big plays from receivers AND their RB, and suddenly, they have the ball in the FSU red zone with about 30 seconds to go. IF they can score a TD, it's 24-14, with Florida receiving the ball to start the third. Urban Meyer, for some inexplicable reason however, decides to trot Brantley out there instead of keeping the red hot Burton in, and he proceeds to throw a lame duck directly into the hands of the Florida State linebacker. Florida State kneels the ball to end the half, and Florida never even sniffs a chance to get back into the game again.