1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox payback to the Celtics for breaking the 22 game streak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, Dec 18, 2008.

1. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

THE BEAUTY ABOUT OUR STREAK THAT WE WERE DOWN FOR ONLY 2 MINUTES IN 22 GAMES, THAT IS UNBELEIVABLE.

2. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

I know someone would bring this up. Sadly you do not know what you are talking about. Among the teams which hold the top 4 winning streak records, only Rockets did not win a championship. Lakers (No.1 and No.4 streak) and Bucks (No.3 streak) all won the championship in the same year.

That being said, the streak of current is only 16, far away from 22. It will be nice if the Rockets end the Celtics streak for a revenge. Even if it happened, Celtics still is favored and Rockets is not according to history.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The celts still have a ways to go so I wouldn't count on a 26 game winning streak just yet, there is a reason streaks of that lenght have only been done a couple of times

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

[​IMG]
    ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Showtizzle2642

that facial yao gave garnett is my background on my blackberry..... one of my favorite yao pics

6. onreego

onreego Member

I'm more for the group that doesn't want them to get past 20 but they're just a beast right now. Someone said something about KGs personality getting old. I feel the same way. Ever since the Celtics won, his douche factor went up (see making Glen Davis cry and Crawling like a dog in front of rookie Jaryd Bayless)
    Makes me miss the days when KG was crying on national TV cause his team couldn't even make the playoffs.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Listen Jackie, I was not talking about historcal hi-streak vs title. I was commenting ONLY on last yr and this year. Last year the rox had max-streak and had no title. I'm hoping that will be the same for the Celts. See how easy that was. :rolleyes:

I edited the first post for clarification.

8. Ismail

Ismail Member

I think New York breaks it as well.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If the Celts win on Xmas, no one else will beat them prior to 1-7-09.

27-2 Start is Best in History
    The Boston Celtics are so good, they need only one win to set multiple records.

The defending champions set a franchise record - and for the Celtics, that's saying something - with their 19th straight win Tuesday, outclassing the Philadelphia 76ers in a 110-91 home victory that was pretty much in hand in the third quarter.

Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo each scored 18 points in three quarters for the Celtics, who again displayed the tenacious defense and unselfish offense that have become trademarks of this group. Boston improved to 27-2, which is the best 29-game start in NBA history.

The Celtics go for 20 in a row in a highly anticipated Christmas road matchup with the Los Angeles Lakers.