1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... It will piss people off, but I really like Dirk. He is a solid citizen, plays hard, helped revolutionize the game more than people realize. However... Dirk is rapidly not playing at a high level. Defensively he just horrible and was badly outplayed by Josh Smith. He is a fine situational player at this point, but building around him at 37-38 years old was and still is foolish.

They essentially gave up 2 first round picks for Rondo (Wright was dealt for a #1) and likely could have gotten another couple for Chandler and maybe Ellis. They would have a huge leg up on rebuilding, instead they are stuck in mediocre for the forseeable future.

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Well i think the biggest thing the players and team have on their side is the fact that Dallas News reported that Rondo was bought out after game 2.

So in reality he was no longer on the team.

T_Man

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The playoff share is something like 200 or 300k TOTAL to split amongst the team, so it's very low 5 figures per player which is peanuts for them. I doubt this becomes an issue unless Rondo really wants to grab the spotlight and negative attention again.

And I think Rondo did the must egregious thing possible basketball-wise. He sabotaged his own team during the playoffs. You grind through an entire season just to get there, and one person tries to ruin it for everyone in just a few moments out of ego and selfishness. I'm not surprised at all.