1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rocky Mountain News] Five teams worth more than $1 billion, according to Forbes

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocket Fan, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Interesting article. Texans are 4th in value and 2nd in operating income.

Kind of shows just how important the NFL is these days. According to this article, 4 teams (including the Texans) are worth more than the Yankees. Hopefully they are comparing the values at the same time and these aren't old MLB values or anything (I think they rank every year, just saying I hope these values were done at the same time of year).

Not that it matters much, but I thought it was interesting since I have a Yankee fan friend who always points out how they are worth so much... but the NFL seems to be doing very well financially.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_4959741,00.html

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

yeah i just saw this on espn

its according to forbes