1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will make 3 cuts on Monday..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsmetalspd, Oct 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rocketsmetalspd

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

and two more, if you read the info from Feigen

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>And just to be clear, Brockman, Forbes and Johnson to be "officially" waived on Monday, along with two others.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/262601389488885761" data-datetime="2012-10-28T17:07:04+00:00">October 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Leaves

Asik, Aldrich, G.Smith, Patterson, Motiejunas, Jones, White, Morris, Parsons, Delfino, Cook, Hayward, Harden, Lin, Machado, Douglas, Livingston

I wonder if it comes down to Hayward, Livingston and Machado

4. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Lin / Livingston / Douglas / Machado
    Harden / Cook
    Parsons / Delfino / Morris
    Jones / Patterson / Motiejunas / White
    Asik / Aldrich

Our 15?

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Waive Hayward and either Machado or Aldrich. I like Livingston's play style.

6. sidestep

sidestep Member

There is no way Aldrich is getting waived. He provides what has been needed all along -- a legit backup 5.

7. rocketsmetalspd

This is very true. I wonder which last two players will be cut, if that is case then there will not be another deal done. The team will go with the 15 left on the roster to do battle.

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

yeah Machado will probably be gone, even tho he reminds me of my other favorite

Ish Smith

9. torocan

torocan Member

No way they're waving Aldrich. Legit back up C's are hard to get and sorely needed off the bench.

Hayward I can see going.

I'd be surprised if they cut cook. 37% from 3 point shooters don't fall from trees... and his 3pt shooting should continue to get better. Just too many benefits having an instant offense/spread the floor perimeter shooter.

As for Livingston or Machado... really I have no idea. I can see Machado getting cut... his D is horrific, and his lack of scoring doesn't make up for his above average passing. I could see Machado doing a stint in the D-Leagues. On the other hand, is Livingston ready to come back for an entire season?

It's really hard to say...

10. AbrahamLincoln

I think it will be between Douglas/Livingston and Hayward is gonzo.

11. alethios

alethios Member

Sounds about right but depends on status of contracts and future trade asset potential.

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Machado and Hayward are gone.

13. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Calling it now: they're going to hang on to Lazar Hayward. I expect Machado and Greg Smith to be the last ones cut (possibly Livingston instead of Smith, since Harden can handle the ball well.)

14. amaru

amaru Member

Its gonna be between Machado and Livingston imho. Hayward is gone Aldrich fills a need and Cook is a knock down 3pt shooter.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

No surprises there for the Monday cuts

The next 2:
    Greg Smith & Machado for the money matters. Non-guaranteed money, D-league stashes.

Hayward and Cook for guys I could care less about, to keep the super youth movement going to keep Machado and Smith on the Roster.

Aldrich isnt THAT legit. He wasnt the "Omer Asik" dependable but low minutes option. Can give him another look to SEE if he's legit in the Bulls Asik role. Have Greg Smith waiting in the wings. But I don't see how he gets cut really cuz he's addressing a need position.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Smith might also but on his way out. If Aldrich is better, then Smith just became expendable.

17. torocan

torocan Member

He's Legit compared to what we have NOW.

And let's not forget that McHale played Center. I wouldn't be surprised if he took Aldritch on as a personal project.

He won't be a top backup center this year, but don't be surprised if he develops nicely under McHale.

18. Granville

Granville Member

If they cut Royce White it would be difficult for anyone to take a flyer on him....;)

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The sky is the limit for him.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I still believe that another Blockbuster trade is coming in the next few days...

I like JJJ, he is athletic and runs the floor very well.

Smith has shown great improvement, and he is a young Big, that usually take time to learn the craft.

Cole Aldrich per 36
    Reg season: 11.9 pts 10.0 rbds 3.3 blk
    Playoffs.....: 14.4 pts 18.7 rbds

Potential Diamond in the rough?