1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets vs Bulls : Heroes vs Role Players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Pocket Rockets

this makes no sense

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude,
    the stats DONT LIE. Cassell is more important of a player than Kukoc. His low turnovers, high assists and high scoring shows he is a SUPERIOR TEAM PLAYER.

Tell me more about this AWESOME Toni Kukoc POST BULLS. Tell me more about how he brought the Atlanta Hawks to the playoffs... SIKE

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

yeah, and that is with hakeem in the middle. If there is 2 players under the rim, waiting for the rebound, rodman and horry, who would you favour to get those rebounds?

Same goes for pippen and clyde. For this 2, they are pretty even, but factor in the rest of the squad, it would really be tough for houston to get the rebounds.

4. Rowdie Brandon

LOL I think I might take Horry over damn near anyone....

5. Rowdie Brandon

yeah but Hakeem and Horry beat better big man tandems than Rodman and Longley (lol) in '95..........Robinson and Rodman come to mind.

6. Pocket Rockets

your perception of these players must be fuzzy.

drexler LED the blazers to 2 finals. Pippen did not lead any team.

cassell was 10 times better than harper in 96

your edge has been miscalculated.

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Then tell me how horry is better than rodman?
    you like cassell, i like kukoc.
    Its not just post bulls or post rox, its the way they plays for the team.

If you really want me to post this, then all right, by stats, Sam Cassell is a better player than Kukoc.

Just another question, how well is sam cassell defense? i really have no idea. Is he good? Or his a team defender like nash, who would filled up the passing lane and get steals.

8. Pocket Rockets

its better than kukoc

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Dude, please read back, we are hypothetically saying a hakeem-less rox 95 team against a jordan-less bulls 96 team.

10. Rowdie Brandon

although he wasn't great defensively he was much better than "No D Steve", lol.......question going by the Sam question I'm thinking that you might have not actually seen the '95 team play...........am I right?

11. Rowdie Brandon

yeah but it seemed as if the discussion was headed in the direction of the actual championship teams........oh well.......

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Alvin,

I cannot argue with you when all your facts are WRONG. you get my point?
    You are telling me the moon is made up with swiss cheese and godzilla blew up tokyo.

Horry - 1992-93 Rookie Season
    Cassell - 1993-94 Rookie Season

I'm doubting that you were a Rockets fans during the championship years. please rewatch some of the games.

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

well, looking at individual stats, pippen at 3 years younger, slightly bigger built, named in the defensive team, i do think that pippen at least would not let clyde ownned him.

Cassell was a damn good PG, but from what i can remember, he do not speeds past people, he do not overpower people, he just shoots, and shoots, and shoots, and shoots. Thats how he score his points, harper who are more experience, bigger and IS a good defender, i really doubt that cassell would get more than his 11.0 average.

14. Pocket Rockets

you should follow your own instructions

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Rodman is a better rebounder, but this has already happened. Horry won the battle because of his other skills, block shots, steals, and SCORING!

Rodman + Robinson > Rodman + Longley for rebounds.
    but Rodman + Robinson lost to Horry + Dream cause Horry kept hitting all those game winning shots!

Alvin, THIS ALREADY HAPPENED. Horry ALREADY played Rodman.

16. Rowdie Brandon

if we are talking about which team without their superstars would win a series, I'd go with the '95 team, because I just don't know if the Bulls team in '96 could score enough points.............the '91-'93 Bulls had more weapons offensively..that's why they did good in '94 despite MJ being gone...but in'95 they lost Horace Grant and struggled......but this discussion is really pointless and the only reason we're having it is because we're all waiting on the season to start, lol.

17. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

i know, 1 is a sophomore, while another got 3 years seasoning. Happy?

18. Pocket Rockets

wow, you really never watched the rockets did you?

cassell - shoot shoot shoot shoot?

thats too funny

19. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Rodman + Robinson > Rodman + Longley for rebounds. agree
    but Rodman + Robinson lost to Horry + Dream cause Horry kept hitting all those game winning shots! again i agree.

Now, what about rodman+longley and horry +tabak?

20. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I'm saying the way he will get his points, he will pass, pick and roll, but he never cut into the hole and do a layup.