1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Prediction--We will have the 2nd best record this year behind GS. 60+ wins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Oct 3, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

My prediction is the Rockets will start off unstoppable for the 1st 30 or so games. Minor injuries, fatigue will occur, we'll even out towards the allstar break. Morey will make a key pickup (???) at the break that'll boost our offense and make us more flexible at PF. I don't expect Ariza or Anderson to be here after the break. My guess is we'll add more firepower offensively. Luc mbah a moute will be the difference maker this year from last. We will beat GS 2 or 3 times and completely dominate OKC in the regular season. Our offense will be a combination of Harden's scoring (will average 30+pts) and CP3's assist, and Eric Gordon (he will average 18-20pts this year). CP3 will lead the league with 12-14 assist this year. Capela will average 15-17pts and up his ft% to 70+%. But the BIGGEST difference will be our defense. I predict the Rockets will lead the NBA in points scored, forced turnovers (steals) and fastbreak points this year.

Prediction: Houston Rockets 60-62 wins

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

3. touring_low

touring_low Member

According to a 2k simulation I saw this morning, we're supposed to have the 2nd best record (62 wins) behind GS (72 wins) and also we're wait for it...........................winning the 'ship.

Edit: found it.
    NBA 2K simulation of 2017-18 season predicts shocking Finals matchup
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1385107

Lawlruschang and cbs1507 like this.
  4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we will have the best record this year and we will destroy the warriors into a million little pieces and eat whatever is left of their pathetic little souls then durant will call asking to sign for the vet min and we'll go to his house and burn it

5. Know Your Role

Be humble and enjoy the season. I have zero expectations until the Rockets prove themselves with elite ball movement and crunch time stops against the best teams in the league.

jevjnd, Sadboy and jae713 like this.
  6. rocketseagles07

So basically things are going I go almost as perfect as they possibly can? Sounds great to me hopefully you're right

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I ****ing hate the Warriors

don grahamleone and swyyyguy like this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully we find our legs in the season opener.

9. hakeemthagreat

I don't see why not. I think Morey's thinking was that our offense will be even better given we're bringing back our core (plus CP3). I remember MDA saying he's predicting we may have the best offense EVER this season. So in general, our offense is going to be there. The main thing is our defense. We've lost Bev, but now have multiple players that can guard almost every position on the court. That's HUGE. If the Rockets can go from 17th last year, to top 10 defense this year. we'll be right behind GS for best team in the league

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

It'll be extremely tough but I def feel like we have the talent to do it. A lot of people are thinking, well we won 55 games last year with a less talented group so we should easily exceed that amount this year. But keep in mind the West is a hell of a lot tougher this year and we play roughly two-thirds of our games against West teams. You can't rely on getting a bulk of your wins against average to below average teams anymore. An "average" team in the wild wild West is one that could contain two superstars like Davis and Boogie for example.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There's a good chance we start off very well.

It is typical of teams with potent offenses with elite PG play to start fast, as NBA defenses take longer to get their teamwork and fockass together.

Add to this the shortened preseason. Elite PGs can make things work, without as much practice and chemistry, because they can control much more and hide early season rust and chemistry issues.

Sorta like when all else remains equal, bet on guard play during March Madness -- bet on the Elite guards in early NBA season as the defenses ,rotations and fockass of opponents get honed, relatively later.

#11 heypartner, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Also, new rules this year have curbed the amount of Time Outs and Time Outs late in the game. This favors teams with floor generals.

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Him moving Ariza and or Anderson. Good luck on that one. Ariza too well liked to move, Anderson contract too hated to move.

arabrocket likes this.
  14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

:)
    Don't know how good I feel about a simulation that has the Spurs winning 34 games and missing the playoffs

15. hakeemthagreat

Anderson will play well enough to gain enough trade interest

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah neither of them are going anywhere unless its for a clear cut star caliber player

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I wonder if ESPN analysts (the more reasonable ones, not the horrific homers) might have it right on this one. The 2nd best record in the West is probably the semi-realistic goal, but don't run yourself into the ground trying to get there (if possible). Make sure you go into the playoffs with some energy left. Don't do like the GSW when they chased the best record and ran out of gas in the playoffs (not that I cried over it, those ***ho*es).

Say, 56 wins or so.

18. Know Your Role

[​IMG]

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

Is there a chance that LMA's absence from the team makes them lose more games? He was 2nd or 3rd highest scorer for the Spurs each time they beat the Rox in Reg. Season. LMA had a huge game at the end of that series 30+ pts.

I also think we got rid of a lot of players that were non-starters for beating the Spurs. Trez, Dekker, etc., all had trouble guarding the post/wing.

I mean, for sure, I grant you that they're clearly not going to end the season w/ less than 40 games. Just thinking that maybe they'll do worse this time around.

20. touring_low

touring_low Member

Lol it's highly unlikely Spurs miss the playoffs. But those are just video games simulation anyway