1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Olajuwon Jersey Apron $15

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by 00rocketgirl, Jul 23, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

If you get anymore I'll have 2.

2. ranlights78

ranlights78 Contributing Member

I'll take one if you order more. Thanks in advance.

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

This is how I, an honorable human being, would have phrased the OP.

4. B

B Contributing Member

I am interested in one.

5. itsdotcom

itsdotcom Member

I couldn't wait so I just placed an order for 24. It should be coming at the end of the week. $10 for anyone that wants one. a.nguyen3 @ yahoo dot com

2 people like this.
  6. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Hey sorry I've been without Internet in my new apartment, so I haven't been frequenting the boards as much.

I placed a 2nd order on Sunday and it should be in by thursday or so. I've started to email a bunch of you and still have a few more left to email. thanks!

7. Honey Bear

Admirable.

I urge everyone to cancel their orders with the OP, who's willing to exploit family for financial gain, and contact "itsdotcom" who's not marking up the price by 250%.

1 person likes this.
  8. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Yeah and everyone else that posts in the bbs doesnt make a buck off what they sell. :rolleyes: that dude selling t-shirts is probably selling them for the exact same cost it was to make them, if not less. It takes time to contact people an set up meeting times especially when there's 23 of them, now about 47, plus I've spent anywhere from $4-$10 in gas money to meet up with people. Being a young woman, meeting up with strangers from the Internet? Uh yeah I better have at least a $3 profit off each one if im going to put my life in jeopardy. It is hardly worth my trouble, but I've enjoyed doing it. I've really met some awesome people and had some great long rockets talks with the people I've sold aprons to. I'm a college student who's working 25 hrs a week for free, and still has tuition and rent to pay.
    I would've easily paid $35 for this apron. $15 is steal to me.

I'm not going to beg those of you who wanted one to buy from me instead of that other guy, although it's a little wieselish of him to hijack my thread like that. I'm a reputable member of Clutchfans who actually has a greenie and good reviews of past transactions. I'm sure I might know enough people off twitter Facebook and instagram to get them of my hands if you choose to do business elsewhere.

2 people like this.
  9. Honey Bear

Alright, drama queen, I'm glad $3 is enough to put your life in jeopardy. God forbid you settle for anything less.

10. Pete the Cheat

does $3 hurt your feewings? maybe its time for a big boy job

11. Honey Bear

Itsdotcom is willing to pay me to put his life on the line. Whereas rocketgirl values her life at $3.

It's all about perspective, kid.

12. Pete the Cheat

if $3 is already weeding out some unseemly sorts, I would say she has done a halfway decent job.

just one kids perspective

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

There sure is a lot of hate on here for the OP. I bought 2 aprons from OP and had no problems with her. She was easy to set up a meeting with, hassle-free transaction, very friendly, and is well known on CF. Haters gonna hate because they are jealous.

14. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I bought 2 aprons from Rocketgirl and she is going to mail them to me without charging me extra. I mean really Ronnie you f***ing p***y...what is your problem? Bullying a girl?! LOL!!!

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

16. Honey Bear

After talking with my accountant I've assessed my options, and have decided to go with itsdotcom. It was a tough decision.

In one corner you have rocketgirl who has 6 green bars and an army of men at her disposal. On the other hand you have A Nguyen, a guy with a heart of gold and someone who was willing to risk his life for free, instead of the $3 life insurance policy rocketgirl takes out. The human in me just had to go with what was right.

2 people like this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Since she's fronting the money and delivering the product, 15 bucks is pretty fair. I'd buy one, but I already prepare all my meals in my Drexler apron. It makes grilling easier than clubbin' baby seals!

1 person likes this.
  18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I will stay as professional and well mannered as possible.

Rocketgirl was the first to come across these aprons and post on clutchfans. She set her asking price and many people were more than happy to oblige. She got so many requests that she decided to get another order to accommodate the demand. She originally bought these for herself, and I am sure if nobody bought any of her left over aprons she wouldnt complain.

There was such a high demand for these aprons that someone decided to look up aprons and try and buy them for themselves. This party then posted on Rocketgirl's selling page, selling the same product for cheaper, essentially undercutting the "competition" that never existed until said party came into play.

Now you have come in and started spreading libel on Rocketgirl for doing something that nobody was complaining about to begin with. Do you depend on getting things for close to cost on everything you buy just because you "know someone" or are "Family"? Your reasoning for starting this mess is completely ridiculous. If you dont like the sale then dont buy. No need to try and mess with someone's sale.

19. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I'm shocked to see the drama this simple and awesome apron has created. I'd like to add that I bought an apron from 00RocketGirl and have no problems with what I paid for it. Although I haven't had a chance to use it I'm happy with the apron. And if people don't like the cost and potential profit then just move along. No need to complain and hijack a thread. But that's just my opinion of course.

20. Honey Bear

Ever had a girl tell you she loved you, and you were only 15, so you believed it?

That's how I feel about doing business on Clutchfans. I am emotionally and at times, physically, invested in this site. So sorry for taking things personally when someone came into my home, threw a sign in front of my daughter and said "1 scoop of ice cream for $15, because I'm your aunty" and instead of fessing up to the line, AS A CHRISTIAN, she talked about risking her life to deliver this ice cream and went on justifying it. We're all adults here, there's no need to throw out lines and avoid an open, honest atmosphere with la familia.

Ciao.