1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Looking For Third Point Guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Let's snatch Jeremy Lin then. ;)

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I like me some Jeremy Lin over Ish Smith.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

From Jonathan Feigen's article on Scola's contract:

Link

"The Rockets also plan to bring point guard Ishmael Smith to their training camp this summer."

Looks like Ish got the invite.

DD

4. luckyme1

luckyme1 Member

I'll second that! He works hard and he is not afraid to drive to the board -- and he is a crowd-pleaser.

5. yobod

yobod Member

How do you guys feel about Shannon Brown for the 3rd PG spot?

6. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

First, I think it's unrealistic since if he doesn't want to play backup for the Lakers, he certainly not going to for the Rockets. Second, I feel like he's just a more athletics Jermaine Taylor, which ain't saying much.

7. Htown's2kFinest

more of a SG but I think he did play some point for the Lakers last season. I wouldn't mind having him at all but having JT here makes that kinda redundant. He would make a good backup SG.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Good to hear. I like him a lot (Rafer jr.). :grin:

9. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

I hope we invite Jeremy Lin. Dallas already has Barea Kidd, and Terry

Lin has size and plays great defense. Wouldn't hurt to have our 3rd pg be a more defensive oriented player because of Brooks and Lowry's lack of size.

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

look no further than Rockets summer league starting PG Ish Smith, dude is a beast ;)

11. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

yea, he guarded bigger PG's and Farmar guraded the quick ones usually.. Shannon is a combo guard so theres some value there

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

13. anchel

anchel Member

Rafer Alston, vet min.

14. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Blake Ahearn?

15. PeppermintCandy

As of now, we have no roster spot available for any more signings. Morey will have to stash this third point guard in Rio Grande Valley like he did with Conley last season.

16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=teams/rockets/2010/07/07/IshSmithMOV-1367677" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=teams/rockets/2010/07/07/IshSmithMOV-1367677" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

17. Salvation710

Salvation710 Member

I would say he is definitely the best at getting to the basket. He is the most aggressive Rockets player by far. That alone gives him value. He can be used as an X-factor type player to turn things around when the team is getting hammered. Always need those guys. Like an emergency adrenaline shot when the team goes into cardiac arrest.

18. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Im currently watching a replay of Australia v and depleted Argentina which got me thinking, what is Patty Mills up to. Last i could find he played 10 games for Portland last year and the rest of the time with the Stampede in the D-League or getting over a broken thumb. I also saw hes a FA. Not sure if hes restricted or not but being an Aussie i see him as a super talent.

He tore it up in the Olympics in Beijing and from memory had a really good college career.

I wonder what it would take to get him from the Blazers if he is infact contracted or if not weather he would be worth pursuing in FA. I realise we dont have a lot of $$$ to throw around plus we already have a roster full.

Any one here watched much of him playing