1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Looking For Third Point Guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 14, 2010.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I know everyone likes changes and constant wheeling and dealing and whateva...but please do consider Anderson is a legit 7 footer with very good offensive potential...while Ishmael Smith...umm......do u see any other 5'10 point guards in the league who can't shoot a lick? Rafer Alston was enough for me..

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

i am with you on this one man...garrett temple would have been PERFECT as the 3rd point guard. GREAT size and GREAT defensive mentality and potential.
    Couldn't believe we didn't snatch this guy up and we went for ...guess what..freckin Anthony Johnson. :eek: :eek:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCzCMfBfGYo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCzCMfBfGYo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LfZ2nz1ZEQo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LfZ2nz1ZEQo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1o9egGaldAY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1o9egGaldAY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIC_W27ghnA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIC_W27ghnA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I don't think we are going to cut a guaranteed expiring contract, unless it is Alexander Johnson. Andersen's 2.5 million expiring is a significant part of our expiring collection to throw with our young talent to New Orleans to be able to take on Okafor and Posey along with Paul. I could see the possibility of trading Andersen and Jeffries and a future pick to a team like Indiana for a guy like Mike Dunleavy, a larger expiring contract, or some other 2 for 1, 3 for 1, 3 for 2 trade using expirings for other expirings of greater expiring worth. I would expect a trade like this to go down shortly. And it probably won't make much sense regarding the player being brought in. He may not be a fit at all. But it will create a roster space for that 3rd point guard.

Perhaps Morey is still working hard on the possible Iggy trade using Ariza, one of either Brooks/Lowry and Andersen as the bait for Iggy and Jason Smith. This trade should work with those guys, whether it is Lowry or Brooks, since Lowry is BYC. This would allow us to basically fill the small forward spot and then we use our trade exception to bring in another expiring salary to use at the trade deadline.

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Dumb question: What happened to Garrett Temple? I know he was only on 10-day contract, but I thought he played well here. I'd think he'd be great for 3rd point guard.

8. DTox

DTox Member

What about Will Conroy?

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

=.= . . No.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I so wished we would give him one more shot. It looks like he's available too, just got done playing in Seattle's city league thing.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The Rockets signed him to as many 10-day contracts as the could, then they had to let him sign somewhere else. I believe he signed with Sacramento and then San Antonio

12. brosef

brosef Member

you must be chinese

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You must be racist.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Taylor isn't going anywhere. They're not going to give up on him yet. If we sign Brad Miller and a 3rd PG for camp, it'll come down to David Andersen versus the third PG for the final roster spot. Or maybe we'll be able to ship DA off for a 2nd round pick or something.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    This post along with the first two pages of this thread dropped my IQ a bit and made me cringe several times over....

16. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

Just heard hornets rescinded Luther heads contract.
    Luther can be our 3rd point gaurd

17. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

He shot pretty well, and he facilitated our offense. Andersen's role is redundant and more expensive than smith's role.

18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i give that 3rd strimg PG spot to Ish Smith...

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Is he under contract now? All I could find on him was that San Antonio signed him for the rest of the season after his 10-day contract was up. We could give him a free agent contract.

Temple is a legit NBA player. Ishmael Smith may or may not be.

20. amaru

amaru Member

You know you miss Rafer's tear drop shot :p ;) :grin: