1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets insist fatigue isn't a factor in Warriors series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 27, 2018.

1. SORF

SORF Member

Not only can our eyes see it, but the quarter chart above shows a downward curve for the Rockets from the first quarter, and an upward curve for the Warriors to their high score 4th quarter.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  2. MyLateRegistration

Ryno would if he had playing time in the previous series to get his shot going. But nooo we need to play 6 guys vs the injured Jazz

#22 MyLateRegistration, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  3. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

They are simply tell the truth, Lebron played whole 48 minutes today and he still run the full court for a layup at the end, the main issue is that under pressure, our offense become very stagnant, either Harden pull up 3 or a drive, both GW are so ready for this, so it feel harder and harder to get a basket

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

PG13 is coming.

ReignSupreme and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. macan

macan Member

Harden better learn some heart from lebrick tonight

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden: I'll play 48 minutes if I have to.
    LeBron: Goes out & plays 48 minutes.

Rockets may need 48 minutes tomorrow night.

JW86, RasaqBoi, Cash Cam and 3 others like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden would destroy BOS just like lebron has. completely different scenario defending GS and then having to score against them. and the refs.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The #1 rule for adding role players to this team has to be: Can you defend a ball handler when isolated? Because it's pretty clear now that in the playoffs, our coach isn't going to play anybody who can't do that.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. rocks123

rocks123 Member

so you just got lazy? Hehe. I really thought we're on great shape entering the fourth. A single digit deficit was the closest we could get on the road against the warrior. But unfortunately the refs want to get in on the fun. Oh well on to game 7.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

LeBron did played 48 minutes in game 7. He was saving energy in the 3rd quarter, not having to organize on offense on every position. Then he took over in the 4th quarter.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i really dont think fatigue has anything to do with those third quarters....why would they ? they are just coming off of a 20 minute half time rest.

that said, i would like to see the rotation expanded a little.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

can't compare to lerbon. he clearly is taking that purple stuff that gives de blek panther its power stret aweh.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I dont think they were gassed. Going into the 4th, it was a close game. There were about 3 or 4 plays there that turned it into an unwinnable contest - the blatant foul on a harden drive not called, EG's missed FT's, etc. You turn those things around, and its a 2 or 4 point contest mid-4th quarter with a more determined team on the court. This is a game of inches, and calls along with a few miscues made the difference.

Jontro and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's more to do with communication than fatigue.

15. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I’m not sure, Lebron is superior in combination of athleticism, height, strength and skill, Harden definitely had last two and I believe at Lebron level, but I can say first two

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If he can do 3 hours in the Strip club vips. This is nothing.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That's right - just like our style of play means limited or no minutes for a lot of players on GS who are normally in the rotation.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Fatigue definitely is a concern. GS didn't just start hitting shots - Houston stopped chasing their guys around as hard and gave up a lot of relatively easy 3pt shots to their very best players. They they lost the defensive effort that has kept them in the series in that late 3rd/4th quarter.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

True. Homecourt has a huge advantage.

Locked in every quarter. Warriors will give you 8-0 runs. Just make sure you’re ready to counter.

20. JW86

JW86 Member

I like Tucker's mentality and hope all are ready for 42-48 minutes, because you know this game he won't rely on Green and Mbah as much. It's time to show they can fight through fatigue, put their money where their mouth is and just play at a high level even in the 4th after playing 32 minutes or so when the 4th starts.