1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have interest in Gallinari

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What the hell was that??

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Sewer + Anus for Gallo. You will have to get the people involved in making that trade on Denver's side really really messed up on copious amounts of drugs.

I honestly don't see what we could give up to get him. Our trash would be their trash, they wouldn't want to bog down roster with trash. Kj might have some light value but the only people I can see we trading with value would be Dekker or Harrell.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

not really interested in Gallo...he's a consolation prize, and not a great one at that either

basketballholic likes this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's not a better shooter than Anderson. So what is the case for wanting to acquire him?

#145 Liberon, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  6. basketballholic

He's a better playmaker. Gallo does have a handle and he's got great vision and passing skills. I'd take him AT THE RIGHT PRICE (3/40), and play him as the 4 provided we could move Anderson out for a serious you're in the middle our at the 3. Gallo could provide us another layer of offense with his playmaking when defenses decide to choke out Harden. Anderson can't do that.

But I would not sign Gallo if I didn't know if I could move Anderson first.

Vivi likes this.
  7. ilias

ilias Member

Splitting the SF/PF minutes 3-ways between Ariza, Anderson, Gallo. 28-30 minutes each, all quality players, can play one of them more if they are in form. Will avoid getting Ariza tired and having Dekker in the rotation, protection for Anderson getting injured. Leaves 5-10 minutes a game for the three guards lineup.

Compared to Anderson, he is a worse shooter (but still a very good one), but more efficient scorer since he is great at driving and getting to the line. Also a good secondary play-maker, would take pressure off Harden. Would love to have him, but doubt we can afford him, unless we move a rotational player. We have around $15m space, he will likely get $20m+.

RocketsFan0 and BigMaloe like this.
  8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

^ We can always dump Lou Will to get to the 20+ range.

Gallo would be an awesome fit here. Think of all the times Harden dumps off to Ariza with an open driving lane, and Ariza who can't dribble penetrate without a clear path, makes some awkward three step drive, gets scared, immediately picks up the ball and gives it back to Harden. Or worse yet, barrels into the lane and does a contortionist impression as he tries to make a contested layup. With Gallo there, you have a guy who can feast off those type of situations, because he can actually dribble the ball.

I like Ariza, but he is much like Beverley, in that, they are great in defending, rebounding and hitting open shots, but once you start asking for more than that, like scoring off drives, it gets ugly pretty quickly.

I think Gallo is an extremely intriguing free agent this offseason, and I bet we will have major interest.

Vivi, ilias and BigMaloe like this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If we added Gallo without losing core pieces I'd be ecstatic.

Imagine this lineup for a sec

Harden
    Gordon
    Ariza
    Gallo
    Anderson

The SPACE!

But really an 8man rotation of

Harden
    Bev
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Capela
    Gordon
    Lou
    Gallo

Is dangerous offensively. Would break the record we may break this year.

arabrocket and DonKnock like this.
  10. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Yes we would need be super lucky if we get this kind of health by anderson bev and gordon again.
    Last i checked gallo is injury prone too

If things get sideways we would be like the 76ers getting injury exception...

11. ilias

ilias Member

Yeah, Lou is the sacrifice we have to make if we want to improve the SF/PF rotation. Gallo is indeed the most intriguing option. Gay, Ingles are the other two realistic FA options that fit our needs, and Covington via trade. Below my analysis on some available options:

[​IMG]

12. rockets13champs

Magic have him on their big board too

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

That graph is laughable, sorry..no way Gay is a good defensive player.

14. ilias

ilias Member

He has posted a positive DBPM for most of his career, which was my cut-off point. Green in the graph indicates that he can play defense, rather than that he is really good at it.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Between the two scoring guards, I wonder if the Rockets are more likely to keep Lou Williams and his small salary and trade Eric Gordon instead. Keeping Lou and trading EGO will open up a bigger slice of cap flexibility.

Joshfast likes this.
  16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. cebu

cebu Member

Galinari > Anderson.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, in the long run i don't think both Lou and Eric will stay here tbh...Gordon is the best player between them, at least when he's at 100%, and Lou is also going to expire after the next season, i doubt Morey wants to pay him. It will be interesting to see how they'll perform in the playoffs though.

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

what makes you say that?

20. cebu

cebu Member

i think Gali is more versatile player - better passer.