1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets chances this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by STR8Thugg, Nov 10, 2010.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Look, I could be very wrong and I truly hope that I am. This team is built with a bunch of players who just aren't winners. We do not have a single "clutch" player, and even our best scorers disappear in the fourth quarter. We have no true identity as we play horrible defense and our offense is wildly inconsistent. The way the team looks right now, I feel like we would be super lucky to get 25 wins this season. I think it is time to rebuild, and draft for the future. The Yao era has been a horrible tease and it's time to just move on. :mad:

2. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

I feel the same way I think we will do worse than last yr I think we will win no more than 30 games could be the worst season for the Rockets every . If Shane AB are not traded & RA is fired this will happen

3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

WTF Klowry (invalid) Kevin martin ( half man half season 4th quarter disapperance) Shane Battier ( intagibles :rolleyes:) Courtney Lee (Disappointment) and Chuck Hayes ( 6'6 Center :confused: :eek: )

Why put this so called D lineup when we are down down down :mad:
    Fire Rick hes trying to be JVG .......... should have put an offensive lineup instead grrr

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I agree with you. Last year I think we just surprised everyone, but this year they know the way we play and no one is giving us anything easy.

I still think our squad this year is better than last year's but somehow the coaches are unable to utilize the roster to its fullest extent.

The easiest solution: Hire a new coach and change the whole philosophy. Then we can blow up the team with young talent.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Everything feels just barely off this season, I'm concerned but feel we aren't to far off.

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4jGSvxCRp4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4jGSvxCRp4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Ever since Landry left, this team has lost their heart.
    Traded away Ariza, the defense became zero.

now , this team is full of too damn many white players, short players, slow players, injured players. no defense players, no offense players...

Morey is so overrated.

8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Also, it especially sucks cuz AB is out for 4-6 weeks now. IMO he is the one player on the team that doesn't completely fade away in the 4th quarter...

9. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I'll give it another 10 games. If things are still the same by then. I'll be the first one to hop on the Abrams.

10. apatel123

apatel123 Member

The Bandwagon will be ready for yall come April.... :grin:

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

... are slim. :(

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't think it's as bad as people on this board make it, but I do think we can forget the playoffs this year and given the expectations we all had for a healthy Yao, fully integrated Martin and the addition of Lee, it's going to be a long long offseason going into the lockout. Combine that with the fact that this draft will undoubtedly be weak(the best players came out last year to get paid before the new CBA) and it's going to be a rough couple of years for Houston. I still think Morey is going to pull off a trade that will somewhat right the ship but at this rate we are going to be too far behind to catch up.

The Yao think is just not working - this is a team struggling to find an identity while their "star" sits out for large stretches. When Yao is injured their identity is the underdog team everyone expects to lose. When Yao is playing limited minutes, you can see it's just awkward as the team thinks they should defer to him, but he isn't in the flow of the game necessarily. I'm sure Adelman is thinking let's cut the cord here. I still love Yao, but until there is a healthy player to assume the lead as this star on this team(Martin is not that person), then yao is really doing more harm than good out there.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Lol @ Knee jerks.

We're 1-6.

Not counting tonight's Wizards game, we won against Minny, and lost to 5 very good teams (even GS; Ellis was was Kobe-esque, Jordan-esque, whatever).

We lost to Washington due to RA's coaching, not having Yao, Brooks, Battier for some parts of the game, and absences from Lee, Hill, etc.

Like another poster said, give this team another 10-15 games before the panic button is destroyed in a fit of desperation.

Just keep having hope.

14. dd89

dd89 Member

You knee jerks are just such weak human beings.

15. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

What is this, the 6 or 7th time this video's been posted in the last week. C'mon, man.

16. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

knee jerk? why blame those who see reality?!

17. RyanB

RyanB Member

i'm not usually pessimistic, but unfortunately there are objective points that everyone can see:
    1- no defense
    2- no impact player who can put the team on his shoulder
    3- a lot of "talented" players who on the court do not convert their talent sufficiently to win

i think we'd be very lucky if we are above .500 wins this season

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think you have to wait to see how they do with AB and Yao.....unfortunatly with them out, I think this season is over.

If you get too far behind in the WC, the best you can hope for is a very low playoff seeding, and that won't get you any real chance at success.

For me, it is almost - play the young guy sand bench Hayes & Shane to let them develop.

DD

19. xlr817

xlr817 Member

The ROXS have alot of good role players, but with NO Superstar!!! We just have a "gimpy" Center! :confused:

20. pge71188

pge71188 Member

I still believe but damn 1-6