1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets-Blazers Preseason Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by saleem, Oct 16, 2002.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm going to the game at St.Charles on the 18th. I was wondering if any of you are going to be there?
    I will try to give a very basic summary of the game when I get back.I'm no Dr.of Dunk.
    I'm excited about it and will be cheering loudly for the Rockets to win.
    Hopefully we will be able to play consistantly well on both ends and come out with a victory.

2. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Well since Pippen won't be playing tonight, I guess it's possible for the Rockets to win. After all it's only preseason.

3. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

I dont think its possible for the Rockets to beat the Blazers tonite, because the Blazers Are Playing Seattle as we speak and its getting pretty late. But on Friday we will be in St, Chas, Misso. to play the Blazers then, mabe Scottie will be ready by then.

4. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Well since Pippen won't be playing tonight, I guess it's possible for the Rockets to lose. After all it's only preseason.

5. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

hhmmm . . . . . . . . . lets think about this for a while

great one Rock . .

;)

6. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

Things change. Now that its Thursday THE ROCKETS CAN LOSE TONITE. But even if Scottie wanted to play , I dont think they would let him...because we are going to play the Suns and he is with the Blazers. If Scottie wants to play he will have to wait until Friday. That is unless he played last nite against Seattle and hurt himself again,

7. Sane

Sane Member

It doesn't matter who we're playing. The Rockets are going to sweep the preseason.

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

What does playing Seattle have to do with us winning? :rolleyes:

The Rocks should have Steve and Cato back too. Were going to come after the Blazers strong...

9. Drex22

Drex22 Contributing Member

I will be at the game on Friday night with digicam in hand. I am really looking forward to seeing my first live Rockets game even if it is preseason.

10. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Post them pictures!! All you can!! Try to get some good shots of Eddie and Boki if he gets in the game.

11. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

www.rockets.com says that there is a free internet radio broadcasting tonight's game for those of you who can't access the game otherwise:

-PRESEASON GAME 4-

Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers
    St. Charles, Missouri, 7:30 p.m. CT

TV: KNWS Channel 51
    Radio: SportsRadio 610 (English),
    Radio Noticias 920 AM (Spanish)

Listen to a free audio broadcast of tonight's game! Just click on the link on the right side of the screen where it shows the above information about tonight's game. Hope this helps some of you out of towners get your Rockets fix!

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

...and for that, the entire board is thankful. :)

13. xcharged

xcharged Member

First Back 2 Back...can't wait to see how they handle it. Close game...rockets by 4

14. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

Hopefully they handle it good (which I think they will) and come out with a victory.

15. rocketman dan

rocketman dan Member

I'm going to the game tonight - my first one since moving from Houston to St. Louis! I think it's a fantastic idea for them (as well as other teams) to play exhibition games in non-NBA cities and give the fans a chance to see live NBA basketball. When I get back from the game I will try to give a report as well.

16. Drex22

Drex22 Contributing Member

I am heading out to the game right now, I have an hour and a half drive. I have a digicam and I will post pictures. It just may not be untill Sunday. I wont be home untill late Saturday night. If I save the images on my hard drive how do I post them?

17. ron413

The radio broadcast has started and it sounds real good (Even though it is a Portland radio station) & I think it will pull up the Real Audio program. Hopefully this helps some of you folks!

18. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

thanks Ron! it's very clear

19. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

why is cat out?......sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else.

20. ron413

I think the broadcaster said that Cuttino is just resting. Seems like every game so far, Rudy has had at least 2-3 players "rest" no matter what!