1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are Interested In the Birdman??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AzNaNsZ, Jul 6, 2008.

1. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Not sure if this was posted but according to the boston globe the rox are interested in the birdman (Chris Anderson)

Not sure if i want him after his horrible dunks during A.S.W but could be a decent backup.
    Here's the link
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basket...2008/07/04/rivers_gives_maggette_call/?page=2

2. YugoRocketsFan

HELL NO!

Do you want him to give LSD to T-Mac or Yao?

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I think the birdman should join Atlanta, maybe he can be their backup mascot

4. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

yes, just for the pure comedy he will bring.

5. HombreDeHierro

isnt he another PF with no offensive game? and with the overload already at that position? heck to the NO

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So...I head you guys grew up Baltimore with lot of drug dealer in the neighborhood.

[​IMG]

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I read this article on Yahoo a few days ago,but I doubt if the Rockets have much interest in him(at least I hope not). If he wants to make a comeback,he should go back to the Hornets provided they are interested in him.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

According to unconfirmed fake internet posting craziness, Rox are giving full MLE to both Vujacic and Posey and are signing Horry, Barry, Cassell, and now Anderson.

According to reality . . .

FAIL FAIL FAIL

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - I am in agreement with Sam Fisher........this is a rare day indeed.

DD

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Punk ass b****, if your name wasn't gonna be on my paychecks, I'd cut you right here."

11. superden

superden Contributing Member

I find it a little humorous that the only reason you stated that you didn't want him was based off of his slam dunk contest and not the reason why he was suspended from the L...We're looking for quality players not flashy guys who can't do crap (i.e. Gerald Green). Unfortunately he is neither flashy or quality...

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i can't imagine that we're looking for a power forward at this point... not with the holes that we do need to fill.

13. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

I'd take him over Loren Woods at backup C honestly.

He has good hops, can rebound and block shots and is VERY mobile, active and energetic. A particularly great bench player, which we can use.

It's hurting me to say this again this summer, but I think we need to trade Hayes. We also need to cut IMO Loren Woods and Mike Harris as there are better options out there for us. I'd like to go into camp with this big man rotation:

Yao/Andersen/Deke
    Scola/Landry/Dorsey

That is tremendous depth. PERSONALLY I would like Deke to become an assistant coach and for his spot to be taken by Woods, who has room for improvement and can play more minutes. However, if Deke wants to play, he absolutely deserves his spot.

What would be to improve the backcourt depth and re-shuffle the backups at the 1,2 and 3. Luther, Francis, and BJaxx need to move in the right deal(s).

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Adelman invisions of turning Anderson into a version of Vlade Anderson.

15. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

I prefer Shawn Camp. If you think Camp may be too old ,then I suggest Julies Erving ,or Elkin Baylor,Mossey Malone,Unseld ,or Jabbar,bill Walton.
    As long as Anderson is avaliable ,why aren't these legends?

16. superden

superden Contributing Member

Are you trying to be funny? I don't get this... Shawn Camp? Juiles Erving? Elkin baylor? Mossey Malone?

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Rockets should see if Lanny Bird still has anything left

18. shady1

shady1 Contributing Member

so, i guess I'm the only one that thought of this....

[​IMG]

...instead of this...

[​IMG]

19. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

the birdman could be our version of adelman's kings' scot pollard. an energy guy who is able to play backup pf and backup c. there are some similarities. both have pretty weird looks, are white and have no offense at all. even the stats are pretty identical. let's sign him if he takes the veterans minimum. i'd cut woods and harris for him.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I thought he was a decent backup/C before he was suspended. Athletic, high energy and with Rodman-like hustle.

I would take him if he was cheap and still can do what he did before the suspension. Honestly, his drug issues don't bother me. His character seemed good to me.