1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets All-Star Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm impressed how well Sengun is doing. I didn't expect him to be voted in but it's cool to see him getting votes.

Amiga and apollo33 like this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

How many frontcourt players get in?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well. I called it. Markkanen was 7th place (400k) last year and Kawhi was 9th but injured......

Zion Williamson totally fell out ......although it was not a totally bad year for him.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

pretty sure the voting for starters is for 2 guards and 3 frontcourt players.

50% fan vote
    25% player vote
    25% media vote

I expect the media portion of the voting to be kind to Sengun. Been good buzz and he has great analytics that i think these voters typically rely on.

Player vote will be interesting. Sengun has definitely gotten some love from other players this year but at the same time i expect players to do stupid things like give Westbrook votes.

invocux likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sengun's best bet is going to be selected as a reserve by the coaches or an injury replacement this year.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Agreed.

eliefor3 likes this.
  8. mightybosstone

I love seeing Sengun that high in the West. I think he could be higher, but the fact that he's garnering more votes than Wemby, Chet, KAT and Sabonis is really promising and shows how much respect he's getting from the average fan. I could be crazy, but I'm a little disappointed to not see Fred in the top 10 for guards. I didn't expect him to make it, but to see guys like Klay and Reaves in over him feels a little silly.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

But, as @Clutch explained:

Very similar situation.

I hope @Clutch will support our franchise player Alperen Sengun just like he supported Kyle Lowry.

maypk likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Oh that's difficult. I think then his best chance is with reserves. I was hoping they had shifted to selecting all players this way, that would have worked well.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

he isn't overtaking KD/Joker/Lebron. that's already 3 of your FC starters. and this doesn't even address AD and the other LA players

you're quoting something from 2012. It isn't similar bc the voting is completely different now and the way the 10 starters are determined

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The argument is exactly the same. In the end, the coaches determine the reserves.

As you said, it will take an injury or the coaches need to select him over one of the three LA players (not sure if it's always 6 front court, 6 guards?).

If there are no injuries, I could see him pass Paul George.

And landing ahead of Paul George in the popular vote could - just like @Clutch explained - play a small, but important (not for world peace, but for the intended outcome, lol) role.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

he could past pg13 in voting and still doesn't really matter. He isn't going to be a starter which is the point of my post saying his best bet is to get in as a reserve or injury replacement.

there's 7 spots for that to happen (voting for two guards, three frontcourt players and two players at any position in their respective conferences)

14. invocux

invocux Member

I need AD and Kawhi to rupture their achilles tomorrow

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

hey hey...come on now

invocux likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think we are really disagreeing, I'm just saying, why not support our guy and get him up in the popular vote, it will not FORCE the coaches to do anything, but it surely won't hurt, and maybe it helps a little (same logic as in @Clutch's previous post).

Do you know if the coaches have to go 6 frontcourt/6 backcourt, or can they just take whomever they want? (I don't know the answer.)

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Reserves - Voting for two guards, three frontcourt players and two players at any position in their respective conferences

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this would be an example right here

Verbal Christ and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pathetic

persian hoopa likes this.
  20. plegus

plegus Member

He is 2/5 troll like VerbalChrist so he gets a pass too :eek:

AroundTheWorld likes this.