1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 14, 2024.

1. MystikArkitect

What if Tari never got injured....

MadMax94$ and harold bingo like this.
  2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

standpat

cbass likes this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

He's not a massive difference-maker, but he is better than I think you're giving him credit for. He's one of those guys where some of his best contributions (defensive fundamentals, screens, boxing out for other players) don't necessarily show up on the box score. Like a bigger, better Chuck Hayes. I definitely think he'll be one of the best backup centers in the league if he's fully healthy.

theDude likes this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is from April 5th, so basically the whole season minus the last few games. It takes your total minutes played into account. That's why Embiid is 11th on this list, he's actually highest on a per game basis, but only played half the games.

#65 harold bingo, Apr 15, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

And I think he can teach Sengun how to be bigger.

(Bad joke)

No Worries and OremLK like this.
  7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Those numbers also account for the number of games played. So for example, a guy that is +10 and plays 40 games has equal impact to a guy who is +5 and plays 80 games. If you want the per game impact, the numbers are as follows (out of 347 qualified players) -

23. Alperen Sengun (4.4)
    45. Fred VanVleet (3.0)
    84. Amen Thompson (1.5)
    115. Cam Whitmore (0.6)
    132. Jalen Green (0.2)
    174. Jabari Smith Jr. (-0.7)
    174. Jock Landale (-0.7)
    227. Aaron Holiday (-1.8)
    290. Dillon Brooks (-3.0)
    305. Jae'Sean Tate (-3.3)

8. sefril

sefril Member

I see, thanks for the explanation.

okay so pick #3 + #10 then.. 3+10=13 the lucky number and our last MVP number..
    #gematria lol

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Holiday and Green were certainly helpful, mostly. I think we either need to resign them or replace them. Depth is important.

Nook likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Because Fred is a notorious streaky shooter that is the opposing direction of what I want the team
    to be.

Fred can't carry a team and the dollar amount
    puts pressure on him to be just that.

He is in the way of Amen flourishing and Fred $40M coming off the bench is not feasible.

Fred as a number 1 or 2 option with the Raptors gave them the most dreaded NBA purgatory spot of 8th seed....so I've been told. He got us to .500
    and missing the playoffs.

Not his fault but at 5'10" I would rather have off ball players such as SG's be taller and less streaky from distance.

$40M expiring is desirable to a team wanted to shed payroll......and that nets us hired hand gun slinger shooters.

With said shooters on the perimeter Jalen, Amen, Sengun, Whitmore can be unstoppable forces working towards the rim with a less crowded paint.

And did I mention his Pace had the Raptors as one of the slowest teams in the NBA.....Rockets had to take the ball out of his hands to get out and go this season.

harold bingo and Dobbizzle like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hard decision to make on Green. His month of March showed the full potential of what he could become. Sure, he's had these explosive spurts in the past two seasons as well, but this one time it actually led to winning. I'll admit that I hardly watched any of the April games, so just curious if he was facing constant double teams now that made his production dip completely, or was he back to early season Jalen?

Sengun is going to come back a much better player next season. If Jalen can make that jump and be close to the player he was in March, then we have something.

I'm hesitant to trade him. I'm in the mode that I'm willing to lose out on return assets just to play this **** out.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Fred will be here all three years of his contract and I will put my account against anyone who thinks we trade him.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I don’t think Tilman will go into the luxury tax for FVv. There’s a reason that last year isn’t guaranteed

14. MadMax94$

MadMax94$ Member

I'm not sure he is better than Jock at this stage. Landale really grew on me after All-star break.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I don’t think we’ll have to go into the luxury tax to keep FVV, even if we extend Sengun and Green. It just would be very, very tight. There’s also the possibility of him extending and opting out of that last year to reduce the annual cost.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Damn. the long off-season begins. This season sure went by quickly.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too many games compressed into a few months.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are more young teams that would need someone like FVV and his ilk is pretty sought after.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Okay, this is one I think most people will support and should be feasible:

Brogdon for Brooks. Maybe we throw in a 2nd rounder. Yes, you’re welcome.

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Nook likes this.