1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2006-2007 Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sishir Chang, May 6, 2007.

1. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I'm as depressed as the rest of y'all and luckily was at a bar last night to drink away my sorrows rather than at home where I might've been tempted to stick my head in an oven.

I know there's a lot of crticism now, rightfully so, and anger over what should've been a greater season but lets take a moment to tip our hats to 2006-2007 Rockets for the best Rockets record in years and for at least giving us some hope for a return of Rocket greatness.

For better or worse..

GO ROX!

[​IMG]

2. getready

getready Member

about time :D

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Thanks for a great season. I'm sorry it ended so soon, but you gave us, the fans, something to cheer for

4. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

T-Mac: For carrying us when Yao was out. For showing us you've "still got it," after a terrible 2005-2006. Thanks for not putting it on your teammates even after they failed to show for you once again. Thanks for showing us all that you really care at yesterday's press conference.

Yao: Thanks for busting your ass to come back this year. You and Tracy deserve one full year together before any judgements can be made. Thanks for being the hardest working Rocket ever.

Deke: Thanks for playing like a man possessed when everyone thought you were washed up.

Juwon: Thanks for bringing it when we needed you most during the regular season

Luther: Thanks for the 3s.

Rafer: Thanks for not lashing out and playing the best you possibly could

Shane: Thanks for being you.

Chuck: Thanks for showing us that dreams really do come true.

It was a heartbreaking way to end...but it was still a great ride.

Go Rockets!!!

5. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

This season had a lot of ups and downs for sure, but the ups were very good, and this season only solidified my belief in the kind of chracter guys we have on this team, and the great coaches we have. Thanks Rockets and congrats on a great season, even if it ended too soon.

6. Sishir Chang

Well looks like there's not a lot of appreciation for the Rox...

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

nice...........

8. AkeemTheDreem86

Rockets,

Thanks for being our team. We love you.

~The Fans

9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

yes thanks for showing that Houston is capable of winning. heres for a better season next year!

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Thanks . . .

. . . for nothing.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just want to echo these sentiments. Well put.

12. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

It was great while it lasted. I hope some could admit that much.

13. Sishir Chang

I know how you feel. I'm still alternating between being really pissed at this team and forgiving them. I think I'm going to be a wreck for the next few days over this but the season is over and we should try to get that bitter taste of defeat out of our mouth and give the Rox some due for a great regular season.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I still love all of them except for Bonzi who quit on us but we have to get much better.

15. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

I like the team i think we played that was the best we played unfortunately the Jazz are just better. I liked our 05 team much more than the 07 team though.

16. sohrab

sohrab Member

this was a memorable season. shame it had to be soured.

17. Rox4Life

Rox4Life Member

Thanks to Tracy and Yao for the intense effort given this year. I'm sorry the franchise didn't put more talent around you. Hopefully next season we will have more talent around you no to mention a worthy bench.

Mini-rebuilding shall now commence :rolleyes:

18. Sishir Chang

Since new threads are temporarily disabled I wanted to take on to my own Rox Appreciation thread to add'

CLUTCHFANS 2006-2007 APPRECIATION THREAD

Thank you to all of you Clutchfans for a great time on CF.net the past season and as my online support group. A friend of mine told me that I am probably the biggest, or at least craziest, Houston fan in Minnesota (sorry Bobrek and Rox fan trapped in MN) and its been tough being the only guy in a bar cheering for the Rox along with the inability of people here to understand or even mock the rollercoaster I've been on with this team this past year. So thank you to all of the Clutchfans for reading my rants, getting me through my depressions and cheering me up with irreverent and hilarious photochops.

Here's to a great offseason and even better next year!

19. ThaShark316_28

Man...thanks Rockets for a great season...

yeah we lost game 7, but hey, I think we'll be happy this time in june 2008...jumpin up and down celebrating...thanks to the rockets for a wonderful year, and I hope with the new coach, they we won't stumble out the gate.

20. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

at least you don't live in utah.

i will never hear the end of this. when i go to work on monday it will be pure hell.