1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Missed Wide Open Shots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, May 15, 2018.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Warriors did nothing special. They are no defensive juggernaut.

WE MISSED WIDE OPEN SHOTS.

Moute, Tucker, Ariza, Green, Gordon -- all missed wide open shots or hesitated like Ryno on a clean looks. Other than that Harden is getting whatever he wants on offense and taking turns with Paul on abusing Curry's defense.

When our shooters knock down these wide open shots, the dynamic of the game changes. We play tighter defense, allow fewer turnovers, and control the tempo of the game.

We make a decent rate of these wide open shots and we would have won the game.

The shots will fall in game 2. The media hot takes today will all be wrong. The Warriors are beatable.

Rocket River and Richie_Rich like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson barely played. I think he touched the ball twice on offense and he didn’t want to shoot the first time. Shocking considering he barely plays that he would be hesitant.

Second time he let it fly. That’s basically it for his appearance

3. riko

riko Member

They also had a 7 foot monster who virtually has no weakness on offense. Having said that all the mistakes we made are easily fixable hence I believe few adjustments here and there we should be ok.

I would rotate someone over as soon as KD gets the ball. We were giving him time to catch and get into his shooting motion on single coverages. That is crazy.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

their defense was very good, I didn’t feel like we were getting that many open shots while watching the game live tbh

I think we had like 2 shot clock violations and about 5 more possessions where we barely avoided getting 1, I have to give credit to them defensively

it will be hard for Harden to duplicate the offensive showing he had last night...sometimes his stepback threes just aren’t falling

I’m a little confused as to why there’s been so much focus on the offense. The defense was the main issue by far IMO. Klay got way too many wide open looks. They exploited us so much in transition. They shot over 50% from the field and 39% from 3.

with that said, Rockets must win game 2 or this is a sweep...win game 2 and it’s all good, I didn’t expect us to win both home games anyways

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And on flip side Warriors made some tough shots. D was good, shots were just falling. Especially for KD.

Move the ball around more to create the open looks and rhythm that will help them make more of those shots.

Also don't dribble for 20 seconds and then give it to Luc thinking hes about to go ham. He isn't.

Execute better late in game. I don't think GS can play any better than they did last night.