1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure that you didn't actually read the report. Near the very beginning Mueller says that Collusion isn't a crime and so they didn't actually investigate 'collusion'.

That's from the actual Mueller report. It's also why I mentioned in my post how during the investigation it was often under campaign finance. That is the Trump tower meeting.

The report states that Trump Jr. did in fact set up a meeting with the help of the Russian attorney. It shows they were seeking information from the Russians to use on Clinton. The report also mentions the meeting with the Russian ambassador.

That is a quote from the report. He was trying to receive the dirt from the Russians on Hillary. Yes, the campaign absolutely would have loved to have the dirt from the Russians and were willing to get that from them according to the repot.

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The report did not conclude that you colluded with the Russians either. So by your logic, we should probably assume that you did.

cml750 likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I did read it. And you quote Mueller giving his definition for collusion. 'Joint criminal liability' . So what crime are you claiming trumps campaign tried to commit with Russia? And again what stopped it?

There was no criminal behavior by anyone in the trump tower meeting between trump jr and the fusion GPS lady. Getting dirt on Hillary from Russia isn't a crime. It's not even immoral. Hillary's campaign even did exactly that with the Steelers dossier which is sourced from Russian agents.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Wow, you've changed. I said from the get to that the report says they couldn't prove collusion in a criminal way. I also said that it showed Trump's campaign would love to collude and attempted to collude with the Russians.

You seem confused and asked where the report showed that. I posted it and also posted the clarification about how collusion wasn't really a crime.

5. tallanvor

No you didn't. You can't even name the crime that trumps campaign was willing to commit with Russia to meet the definition of 'joint criminal liability'.

You stupidly seem to think getting oppo research from Russia is a big deal. But not when Hillary does it.

MojoMan and cml750 like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Oh is that I stupidly do? LOL

Trying to equate anything the Trump campaign did in cooperating and working with the Russians to anything Clinton's campaign did is off base and not related to actual facts.

I mentioned that it wasn't criminal collusion but it wasn't because Trump's campaign didn't try and worth the Russians to get dirt on Hillary. The report talks about that happening, and I quoted it.

7. tallanvor

We will even ignore the fact that no criminal behavior took place during the trump tower meeting. What immoral behavior do you feel took place during the trump tower meeting and how does it not apply to the Hillary campaign which paid for the Steele dossier that's sourced from Russian agents?

You are trying to condemn the trump campaign for being willing to do exactly what hillarys campaign actually did do. Not only did Hillarys campaign take Trump-dirt from Russia, it was false, and it was used to get wiretaps on trumps campaign staff.

Astrodome and cml750 like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

An intelligence dossier is using intel sources to uncover rumors which may or may not be true. It isn't actively working with a foreign adversarial govt. in an effort to have them help you win.

The meeting itself was unethical and against the interests of the United States of America. The lying and covering up of that meeting was also unethical and un-American.

9. tallanvor

lol

Trump buying Hillary dirt from Russia is 'actively working with a foreign adversarial govt. in an effort to have them help you win'

Hillary buying Trump dirt from Russia is 'An intelligence dossier is using intel sources to uncover rumors which may or may not be true'

I admire the bullshit. You should work for NYT.

Astrodome and cml750 like this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

Speaking of the dossier and the Trump Tower meeting, the Russian lawyer(Natalia Veselnitskaya) met with Fusion GPS both before and after the tower meeting. Just in case anyone is not aware, Fusion GPS is the firm that ultimately paid for the dossier with money from Clinton. I am sure that is just a coincidence though. :rolleyes: Funny Mueller did not mention that in his report.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You seriously can't be this dumb, can you?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We should impeach Clinton too. Oh wait... Putin wanted Trump to win and that's why he hacked the DNC you say? Yikes...

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I’m laughing out loud at the absolute beating that Tallanvor is putting on FranchiseBlade. FB has to be a troll - he has had his mind made up on this topic, and nothing he reads in the Mueller report will take him off that.

14. tallanvor

Even Mueller's report directly says there is no evidence of collusion.

'Although the obstruction statutes do not require proof of such a crime, the absence of that evidence affects the analysis of
    the President's intent and requires consideration of other possible motives for his conduct.'

translation: There is no evidence of an underlying crime, but you don't need that to charge obstruction.

This is exactly what Barr said and the media got pissed.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should have worked for Nixon - who did far less than Trump but is remembered for doing far worse.

Trump is indeed no Nixon...he is 1000x worse. Yet Republicans defend Trump as their hero. Obstruction of justice is a crime. The POTUS is not above the law.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

exhibit A why you should never talk to the police

cml750 likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Could have been someone else using a russian footprint. There is tech to hide where you are hacking from and leave false digital footprints.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Information sheds light on how bad Clinton and the DNC is... be mad at the messenger. Got it.

This thread is done. Gonna watch basketball and hang out in the garm while yall crazies push this up to 500 pages.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, the 400 pound man in a New Jersey basement that has eluded the entire world's intelligence apparatus. Nice job Trumpanzee.

Who made Trump order his subordinates to lie and obstruct justice? Same 400 pound guy I bet.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Because Mueller didn't rely on the Dossier.