1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's what you said. John McCain knows less than you do, right?

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, that's your issue. Glad you aren't against an actual investigation.

3. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Do you consider the birther conspiracy racist?

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I actually do consider that racist

I think Trump played to the worst of some people's emotions to get votes

He is a salesman

I'm not a Trump fan but I am a lesser of two evils person and nothing he has done has alarmed me. To me at worst he is doing what he promised. He owes his voters that

On Russia, it should have died when he bombed Syria

I don't understand what people expect to find

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The biggest issue to me in Trump is he totally made the party system obsolete in presidential campaigns

That should be the story of this election. People are just missing real story

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yes, we're just a step behind you unable to figure out the real story here.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump ran as part of one of the established party from day 1. So, no, he didn't make the party system obsolete. What he did is maybe make part of the party he chose to run with obsolete, which may in the future extend to more than part of it.

EDIT: the story that will be in history in a few years is likely the US actually elected a class A know-nothing idiot and the effects of doing that

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You can think for yourself clearly, because you are making up things in your head.

A google search will turn up "racism" issues that were published in the late 1980s and 1990s against Donald Trump. Whether he is or isn't is fair debate, but he was absolutely called racist long before he ran for president.

9. dmoneybangbang

I don't know if Trump is actually racist, but he didn't mind using racism and xenophobia in his populist campaign. Frankly, that's just as bad from my point of view, much like war profiteers.

10. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Comey was the director of the FBI. That would make them FBI notes.
    Not sure why you are commenting when you don't know who Comey is.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

People have been missing the story every since they respond in rage to every tweet Trump sends out. This is evident by reading the MSM's website ... and reading the D&D threads on CFBBS. Our nation is full of gullible people.

12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

This is great for the rule of law, where no one is above the law, we need more of it in this country. I do not know if anything will come from this, but I know it would be fair since Mueller is considered to be impartial by both the GOP and Democrats. What ever the result of investigation is, everyone should accept it, at least that is my hope.

13. dmoneybangbang

That's why an independent special counsel has been appointed. Trump's action just make him look guilty of something. Why is he constantly offering differing accounts than his staff members? Can he just not stay off of Twitter? Why do you think the Trump admin has distanced themselves from Page, Manafort, and Stone? For a bunch of fake news, Trump sure seems to be covering his tracks.

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Trump has some nice things to say about this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/...-on-twitter-complains-of-witch-hunt.html?_r=0

Trump Calls Himself the Victim of a ‘Witch Hunt’

By MARK LANDLERMAY 18, 2017

President Trump spoke on Wednesday at a commencement ceremony for the United States Coast Guard Academy in New London, Conn. Credit Doug Mills/The New York Times
    WASHINGTON — President Trump lashed out Thursday, saying he was the target of an unprecedented witch hunt, a day after the Justice Department appointed a special counsel to investigate ties between his presidential campaign and Russian officials.

In a pair of early morning Twitter posts, Mr. Trump cited, without evidence, what he called the “illegal acts” committed by the administration of his predecessor, Barack Obama, and the campaign of his former opponent, Hillary Clinton — and said they never led to the appointment of a special counsel. He misspelled the word counsel as councel.

“With all of the illegal acts that took place in the Clinton campaign & Obama Administration, there was never a special councel appointed,” Mr. Trump said.

Moments later, Mr. Trump added, “This is the greatest single witch hunt of a politician in American history!”

Continue reading the main story

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So basically, you admit you supported a racist ("trumps housing issues aside, the birth stuff he played). And the "lesser of two evils" talking point is beginning to look more and more empty... after all that has been said and done by Trump, now under independent counsel investigation, I find it hard to believe that anyone except the most partisan hacks would still believe he is the lesser of evils compared to anyone (at least anyone that ran in 2016).

16. dmoneybangbang

How is that the real story? The party system isn't obsolete, it's just may fracture into new parties. That could merely be a trend as it was only 10 years when the globe was hit by the worst financial crisis in modern times that has continued to depress global economic demand. Is this merely a phase where populism is causing temporary schisms? I don't know, but the midterm elections should give a firmer idea. Another wildcard, is an inevitable market correction after an historic bull run that could totally flip the party in charge. Especially if the correction is caused by some border tax legislation.

Long story short, the future of politics is very hard to predict.

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I left what I thought was a thoughtful response to this earlier, but didn't get a response. I'll leave a condensed version here:

None of us think we'll see a "pee tape" or hear recordings of Donald Trump suggesting covert action during the campaign. Instead, what concerns us is his judgment in hiring paid secret agents of Russia and Turkey and how they may have put American interests second to Russia and Turkey. President Trump's attempts to deflect and cover up the work done by Michael Flynn in particular - a man who he was warned about by President Obama and who the Trump team (including Pence) hired anyway even though they knew he was a paid state actor for hostile governments - are puzzling since he promised to hire "the best people." The best for who, the US or Russia?

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, get out of your echo chamber. It hasn't been great but nothing has came out since you lost that was worse than the p***y grab comment. If he won with that over his head then why would a bunch of crying by the left sway opinions? Your comment could make sense if this investigation proves something but that hasn't happened yet. Crap talking post about my education level coming in 3...2...1....

19. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I'd also like to add that this could be a god send for republicans, not just our country, baring it doesn't take out everyone ...see Paul Ryan secrecy tape rumor.

But say pence can step in and maybe implement the republican policy with some class or Jesus anything less of chaos then republican support might be restored.

This all hinges and trump being removed, successfully driving home the narrative they were never along with him, and actually implementing policy that is popular to their base. Attempt number 2 to govern with all the branches of government boys..don't fail again

20. dmoneybangbang