1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. cml750

cml750 Member

You know I find it comical when anyone tries to point to this as "collusion" and shows without a doubt that you watch too much Maddow. The Trump Tower meeting if anything it shows there was no collusion. If Trump was "colluding" with Russia, why would they need to meet with a person from a fake Russian office to get dirt on Hillary? Nobody is claiming Trump Jr. didn't agree to this meeting but it was set up on false pretenses. You may want to read the article linked below. This meeting is much more exculpatory than incriminating.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...e_trump_tower_meeting_shows_no_collusion.html

In addition to that the Russian Lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, met with Fusion GPS both before and after the Trump tower meeting. You do know who Fusion GPS is don'y you? They are the ones tied to Christopher Steel and the dossier. Do you think it is a just coincidence that Fusion GPS, the firm used to pay for the dossier with Hillary/DNC money met with this Russian lawyer?

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-met-with-trump-jr-offered-him-info-from-firm

Finally, Natalia Veselnitskaya, was granted special access to the country by none other than the Obama Homeland Security Department which looks very suspicious whether it was or not. She also says she met with Trump Jr. to discuss the Magnitsky Act and never had any dirt on Hillary to share.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ity-confirms-special-entry-for-russian-lawyer

So what you have here is a Russian Lawyer who met with Trump Jr. and Co. under false pretenses. She was very suspiciously involved with the company that paid for the dirty dossier with Hillary/DNC money and was granted special access to the country via the previous administration. In the end she did not even meet with them about Hillary rather something completely different.

At best you might can claim attempted collusion however the real takeaway here is that if Trump was colluding with Putin and Russia, they would not need to meet with this lawyer in the first place. If anything it proves Trump is innocent of collusion which was confirmed by Mueller.

Note: I am quite sure you will point out that it was only the Barr summary that said Trump was innocent however Barr quoted Mueller's report directly. Next week this will be confirmed.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

What it shows is a complete lack of competence in their attempt to collude.

cml750 likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

What it really shows that anyone who calls that "collusion" is extremely delusional.

#7884 cml750, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    dachuda86 likes this.
  5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I wonder if the MSM regrets using the word “collusion”?

Nah, time to comically jump to early conclusions about “spying”.

cml750 likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Save the orphans...

No Worries and cml750 like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Maybe donald trump junior was using the words "documents and information to incriminate Hillary" as code words to disguise their secret russian orphanage discussions...

Donald Trump Jr.'s Emails About Meeting With Russian Lawyer, Annotated
    https://www.npr.org/2017/07/11/5366...s-about-meeting-with-russian-lawyer-annotated

'I love it': Donald Trump Jr posts emails from Russia offering material on Clinton
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/11/donald-trump-jr-email-chain-russia-hillary-clinton

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

FIFY.

cml750 likes this.
  9. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, whatever. You get a like for the effort. I have no desire to argue about it. People will believe what they want to believe and after over two years of the media pushing this, it will take time for reality to set in. Peace!!

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Trump is President. People will always sit around and blabber about any President. Maybe that is smart to spend your life doing that, maybe it's dumb. That's a lot to wrap your head around. Trump's orange lard ass does not deserve it though. I still can't believe that was the best a country of so many millions could produce. Along with H Clinton. What a sad excuse for a group of candidates. And to top that Cruz was one of the last still in it versus Trump. Disgusting

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A lawyer, mob boss, spy and money launderer walk into a bar

Bartender say "You guys must be here to talk about adoptions".

B-Bob, quikkag, peleincubus and 3 others like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Lol. I also find it comical you immediately went collusion. I’m just pushing back against Trump didn’t do anything wrong or he acted appropriately. For whatever reason he lied about the nature of that meeting. Adoptions was the first story he told...

I think you are so fixated on collusion you’ve decided that Trump acted completely appropriately.

Some folks just think Trump acted shady and not befitting of a presidential candidate or a president.

13. dmoneybangbang

I wonder if Devon Nunes regrets being a stooge? I wonder if right wing media will ever apologize for the Seth Rich story and Pizzagate?

Nah. It’s okay when your side does it.

No Worries and Ubiquitin like this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You have it in Trump Jr.'s own words that he "loves it" in regards to the Russians having dirt on Hillary knowing that the Russian government essentially is coming to help Trump get elected.

Maybe everything around the context of this meeting is correct (that maybe the Russian's were working both sides to create compromise & chaos). That totally could be true.

However it still doesn't excuse the un-patriotic acts they still took it open themselves to do. Which is the fact that at the very least Don Jr., Kushner, and Manafort (just in this meeting alone) openly wanted to collude, and wanted the help from the Russian government.

Dude... its in black in white from Trump Jr.'s own words that HE released.

How are you okay with that fact....??? which again... is a fact. Its in his own words that he wanted to collude. He wanted help from the Russians. Take off your partisan hat for a moment, and wake up to reality.

Even guys like Sam Nunberg and Corsi say it flat out that guys like Stone wished that they were colluding, or wish they were buddy buddy with Julian Assange. But they are clowns in the end who lie for a living. The fact is that they are just internet conspiracy theory clowns who lie and aren't really the secret agents of Russia that some might lead you to believe does NOT excuse the fact that they openly wish they were the secret agents, and traitors that they are often accused of being.

I almost think what they are in this nature is worse. The epitome of a Useful Idiot mob squad.

#7894 dobro1229, Apr 11, 2019
    quikkag likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

He uses the term "collusion" because he knows there is no law against "collusion". barr's "highlights" carefully sidesteps the term, and says "(T)he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities." Of course, we don't know what the full report says.

But the second question that will never be answered... did trump do anything wrong? Was there evidence of wrongdoing?

That we will still see...

16. cml750

cml750 Member

[​IMG]

Whatever, you are free to believe whatever you want. ,I have no desire to change your mind. When you have that oh crap moment when you realize the truth, you will feel pretty dumb. .

mick fry likes this.
  17. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Whomever provides falsifiable forensic evidence for public scrutiny -- and as my sig says, that burden rests upon the one making a claim.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Way to deflect and try to play flippant.

You didn’t answer my question FYI. Why are you avoiding that? Since you don’t answer the question you then allow both answers to be true so I can now just assume you are an advocate supporter for attempting to conspire with a hostile foreign power. It’s okay as long as you aren’t successful in that attempt.

You do realize you are openly taking that position right? That’s very patriotic of you.

Also: Nobody is saying you have to vote Democrat because you accept basic facts FYI. It’s in Don Jr.’s own words that he wanted to collude. You are allowed to say “that is wrong” but still say I still support X, and Y Republican policies. No idea why you feel the need to put Trump above everything else. The law, fact, country, and your religious principles. Trump Trumps everything you guys stand for, and you don’t even realize it’s completely unnecessary.

#7898 dobro1229, Apr 11, 2019
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Can’t believe that law enforcement would “spy” like that. Criminals have rights too!