1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL coming from a defender of a walking talking tweeting tabloid if there was one

Eric Riley and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

I thought that "Obama-and-Hillary-ordered-the-FBI-to-spy-on-Trump" story was on the up-and-up. FOX News is still running that.

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Plausible Incompetence. It is a thing, albeit not a very Presidential thing.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OTB's Doug Mataconis writes:

"The walls are closing in, Mr. President. Whether this ends with impeachment, being named as an unindicted co-conspirator, or being the subject of a report that clearly indicates you are a criminal is something only time will tell. No amount of tweeting is going to stop them. What can no longer be denied, though, is that the President colluded with Michael Cohen and A.M.I. to violate the law in order to become President. Under the law, of course, collusion is actually known as conspiracy and it’s explicitly set out in the United States Code at 18 U.S.C. Sec. 371. What we don’t know, yet is whether there was also collusion others, specifically Russian officials, to undermine the campaign of Hillary Clinton at several crucial points during the campaign, but something tells me we’ll get the answer to that question soon enough."​

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/p...sher-over-payoffs-on-behalf-of-trump-campaign

Deckard and DaDakota like this.
  6. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...what the HELL does being presidential have to do with ANY of this?
    Nobody gets elected by being presidential. Not anymore, anyway.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The difference of course being that the burden of proof is not on Trump to prove he didn't do it. You have to bring evidence against him and if your evidence is someone convicted of perjury and a tabloid....you don't really have a case. At least not one that would overcome the valid defenses that Trump's attorney's would throw at you. Mueller knows this and that's why Cohen didn't get immunity for his cooperation....it's simply not that valuable. Mueller's only goal is to take down Trump, and he knows that right now he doesn't have enough to do so and that's why the investigation will continue until he comes up with something with legs.

MojoMan likes this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

u can't possibly be that ignorant

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mueller knows about what he has and you do not. You have no idea what he has enough for or doesn't have enough for. Nor do I. Multiple witnesses corroborating other evidence would be pretty good proof.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take you dodging the question as a "no"

11. adoo

adoo Member

bobbi small is dodging my point of the difference between Edward's campaign financing violation vs.Trump's

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That is true, Mueller knows what he has and I don't, but I can infer from his actions what he has and what he does not have. If Cohen had the goods, he'd have managed to get immunity out of the deal, the fact that he's doing time suggests that what he had wasn't terribly valuable.

As to what Mueller has, the fact that he hasn't wrapped the investigation up shows that he hasn't found anything with legs and is still looking. It's something he'll keep on doing for years if he can't come up with anything that he thinks will go anywhere. His only goal is to bring down Trump for firing his boy Comey, and he knows he only gets one shot at it.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You think Mueller thinks in vindictive terms like that given his entire career of service?
    Really?

Or are you projecting what you would do?

Jugdish and Eric Riley like this.
  14. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

And things are only getting worse for Trump

[​IMG]

15. NewRoxFan

And now trump has to respond to this wave of guilt...

and btw:

16. NewRoxFan

LOL... someone feeling the walls (or perhaps cauldron sides) closing in? btw, another russian witch was caught today...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. Eric Riley

An absolute disgrace of a President. I never thought I'd experience such incompetence, corruption, and debauchery in a leader in my lifetime.

Deckard and Rashmon like this.
  18. Eric Riley

Just a friendly reminder that we're at the point where the president of the United States is claiming he LEGALLY paid off p*rn stars and Playboy models that he cheated on his pregnant wife with because he thinks that makes him sound better.

19. NewRoxFan

And just in case you wanted to know what your tax dollars are doing today (as they were yesterday)... trump is rage-tweeting from home...

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Says the Warlock.

DD