1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You could argue that if you didn't indict/prosecute a president for an alleged crime that helped him become president(Russian interference, money laundering to suppress news), it would be unconstitutional. That being said, I'm not a lawyer.

No Worries and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait until he tries to pardon himself.

DD

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He'll resign before so Pence can do it.

No Worries likes this.
  4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw a story to this effect...

But does Pence really have enough loyalty to fall on his knife for The Donald? That would be the end of Pences' national political career.

Deckard likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

by "Russian election hacking" you mean Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections right?

6. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pence may not get the chance -

i'm not familiar with either of these sites (or their credibility) but it's re: this topic

https://www.metro.us/news/the-big-s...ndicted-in-mueller-trump-russia-investigation

and

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm pretty wary of any news site without a brand I'm well acquainted with at this point. And what meat is there to these articles anyway? The first quotes a tweet quoting an anonymous source saying something cryptic. That's not worth my attention. The second quotes another article that not-quite-speculates on what the FBI might have heard in wiretaps because two people talked to each other on the phone. They spend a lot of words saying not very much.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It depends. Interference without direct impact is not that big of a deal. All countries do it and we've done our fair share both openly and clandestine. Hacking as in votes are compromised, huge deal. Treason level huge.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is the common myth. But what the Russians did is not something that was commonly done regarding elections. The Russians have tried again since then but that type of interference, hacking, cyber attacks, and propaganda is not common and not normally done by other nations all the time including the U.S.

Deckard likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

My god, you are recommending execution due to treason for the North Carolina Republicans???

joshuaao, No Worries, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  11. ipaman

Not sure what you are talking about but yes if you intentional try to "hack" an election you should get the full penalty extent of the jurisdiction.

Deckard likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Mueller has indicted Russians for their misinformation efforts in the 2016 election.

13. ipaman

Yea, the non-jurisdiction indictments for the folks involved with the Guccifer hacks.

14. dmoneybangbang

For the Russian Troll farm ( Internet Research Agency) who put out misinformation and GRU linked to the DNC hacks.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You don't know how Republicans compromised votes in North Carolina?

No Worries likes this.
  16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Do you really think that story has been reported on Fox News? This doesn’t surprise me at all.

17. ipaman

IMO, Mueller's report is done and a heat seeking nuke, already staged for launch just prior or during the primaries. You know me, I love the political chaos. Gonna be awesome!

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...sitting-president-statute-of-limitations.html

"The campaign finance felony Trump may have directed has a five-year statute of limitations, after which time a defendant cannot be tried if he has not been indicted. "

Makes 2020 that much more... entertaining, just like how Trump wanted it, huh.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The primaries? Is that not like 15 months from now?

20. ipaman

Yup, I think they sit on it. At least the nuke part of it and The Donald doesn't run. Just my crazy theory which doesn't seem so far fetch today.