1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. foh

foh Member

Edit: I misread your post as reply to my link. Sorry. (I am still confused by your post tbh though)

I'm not sure I understand. There is a campaign aid privy to the fact that national security is jeopardized but instead of raising alarms is boasting of trying to setup a meeting with Russians. I'm assuming that that is what he was telling the Australian and another "top" diplomat while drunk in a bar.

If I was working in a department with a stated goal to "Protect the United States against foreign intelligence operations and espionage, I would certainly open an investigation

#4301 foh, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

normally media would be excited about release of information, not this time

cml750 likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

They are still recovering from the Nunes Memo Tsunami.

TheFreak and Nook like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

What color hat is that guy wearing??

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Please tell me one or more instances where giving the public more information on the Trump/Russia probe worked out well for Trump?

Remember the infamous House Intelligence Memo?? ... The one that was going to blow up the deep state FBI? The one that in the process admitted that the FBI probe was started via George Papadapolous, and not said Carter Page FISA warrant that was supposed to be started from the Dossier, but in reality the memo showed that Page had been under surveilance for years because he was a self described "Adviser to the Kremlin".

Why in the world would Trump want more information released about anything related to the Russia Probe unless it tips off evidence to potential targets of the probe to help with their potential court cases? The Trump driven conspiracy theories are way better for him when they are built up for weeks, and weeks with conspiracy theory clouds of secrecy, but do what you want Trump... I'm sure it will work out better for you this time.

7. Commodore

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Your defending a Russian spy?

LOL

No Worries likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Of course he is. Much more sympathy for a spy than any liberal citizen, (never mind a non-spy immigrant of some sort.)

Also note that active, updated, criticizing reporting from the press on this issue = "sanctified" by the press. Truly fascinating paranoia.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

what actions of the spy are being defended?

11. larsv8

None.

12. Commodore

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Papadopoulos now gets to spend 14 days in prison. Not years, not months, not even weeks, but days.

14. larsv8

peter strzok says hi

15. Commodore

you mean the guy who leaked all this?

cml750 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  16. larsv8

You are seriously falling for this **** again? Really? The Nunes memo made you look so ****ing stupid. People will be asking you about white and black hats for years because of that and you are going to walk right back into the burning house. I mean, really?

calurker, JeffB, Anticope and 3 others like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

To be fair, it mainly made Nunes look like an idiot, along with several hundred twitter accounts that were eating it up. I mean, I enjoyed the hat thing too, but I have more respect for @Commodore than Nunes, by a mile. At least he's a Rockets fan.

peleincubus and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Of course he is why would he go against his own kind?

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just imagine if Liberals were this sympathetic to someone who was a self described advisor to Al Queda and were making this guy the martyr they hang their hats on for partisan gain to protect their president they are so worried for.

The last time Trump loyalists in the GOP pushed out more info about the travesties surrounding Carter Page we found out more about how he was part of a Russian spy ring in 2013 and how he describes himself personally as an agent of the Kremlin.

This is the guy you folks are willing to put your capital into? Really?

Nook, JeffB, mdrowe00 and 1 other person like this.
  20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...hey, just so you know...

...that Russian Vodka does things to people...it ain't exactly got the bitter aftertaste of communion Kool-Aid, let me tell you...

dobro1229 likes this.