1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Because of their history of crimes and lying about it. Taking down the passenger jet. Election interference... Putin always offer assistance for investigating their crimes. No one bites. Russia isn't a real democracy, but is run by a dictator. How can I trust a dictator?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Que the Seth Rich conspiracies.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Why are Trumptards so scared of Russia? We have nukes too. Bigger and better. The best nukes!

Russia should be scared to step on OUR toes, yet they continually antagonize and poke at us. Trumptards wishes the US will bend over for Russia like how their hero bends over for Putin. Sad!

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You sound like a cuck like your hero Trump

R0ckets03 likes this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol. good one comrade!

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree with some of what you're saying, (like the "high horse" in general), but it seems odd that a lot of Russia apologists are now minimizing things like Crimea. "Completely overblown?" It was the first full-on hostile annexation of territory since the post-WW2 landgrab by the USSR. I mean, think about that. I've always felt, given full historical context, that Crimea was underreported. So too the murdering of an entire domestic airline flight. When is the last time a recognized state actor did such a thing and just denied it... making a ridiculous and false offer to "aid" the investigation, like OJ wanting to find the real murderer. LOL.

But yes, I do oppose our drone policies and have written to elected reps about this. (I know it does no good, but at least it has some logical consistency.)

Putin is a classic bully but a very clever one. This is well documented, really to the point of absurdity, so it's not a political opinion. He has said the dissolution of the Soviet Union was the greatest catastrophe of his lifetime, basically, so he wants to rebuild some version of it. So the question is: does the world accommodate that, or does it try to give all those neighboring republics some assurance of self-determination. (Yes, self-determination may be that a Crimea can legitimately vote to rejoin or what have you, but modern-day Russia doesn't take voting very seriously. That much is beyond clear.)

Cheers.

robbie380, Deckard, da_juice and 5 others like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. dmoneybangbang

Can Trumpsters tell me why Trump hired such shady campaign managers and workers? Was Trump incompetent or did he choose them for a specific reason?

9. NewRoxFan

No Worries, KingCheetah and B-Bob like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Charlie Savage tweet thread counters the nunes memo... read the entire thread, but I will include a few key points:

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess @tallanvor has the very specific and guided answer to his question about how Nunes was completely dishonest. It didn't seem that hard to grasp it from the initial release.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They were the best and brightest available and weren't tainted by the Deep State beast that seriously needs draining.

U betcha

#3572 Invisible Fan, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    CometsWin likes this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Cue*

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Queue*

robbie380, Astrodome and B-Bob like this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Both phrases are possible, thanks to the power of English.

To "cue" something is to signal something to begin. So, if you are about to start a program, and it is time for the band to start playing, you are going to "cue the music".

To "queue" something is to put something in a line. So "queuing" your music could be a fancy way of organizing it on a shelf, ordering your iTunes playlist, or maybe even coming up with a program for a concert.

Of these two meanings, the first one is what people will expect that you mean when you say the phrase. The second requires you to be deliberately using the language in a way people will not usually expect.

robbie380, Deckard and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Kew is the site of the British Royal Botanical Gardens and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Very pretty.

robbie380 and No Worries like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Two girls, one que, and a Trump

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

QQQ

Queue Qlux Qlan

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Well then this article should absolutely disgust and shock you

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/carter-page-fisa-applications-fbi-steele-dossier/

My guess what happened: When The FBI claimed on the warrant that the Steele information was verified they just meant that they verified it came form Steele not that it was accurate. The judges interpreted 'verified' to mean the information Steele gave had been verified to be accurate (McCabe testified it hadn't) . The FBI probably misled the courts on purpose but it will be hard to prove.

#3580 tallanvor, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018