1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry: I don't want to watch the Rockets. Especially James. Thats not fun basketball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Jun 5, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

I want to watch the Rockets. Especially James. That's fun basketball.

I guess turn it off & don't watch?

[​IMG]

SamFisher likes this.
  2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Same amount of glory as Durant getting a title by adding himself to the best team of all time. Kevin Durant turned that team into an ACTUAL all star team. Sure they play defense, but it's still the same joke of "competition".

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's not that fun to watch and, in the end, that tactic of Harden's ultimately ends in failure in the playoffs because he doesn't get those calls. Then, we get to watch him throw his hands in the air and squirm in whine.

Purp8585 likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL the rockets need to be less reliant on having just 1 superstar

the warriors have 2 superstars plus 2 all stars and 1 former all star

the cavs have 2 superstars plus 1 allstar plus 2 former all stars

and are you another one of those people who are impressed with WB's uncontested rebounds?

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

rockets lost not because of harden...

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah he didn't show up to the game at all so how can you blame him?

kjayp likes this.
  7. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's just not fun to watch. Come on, honestly, you really like to watch Harden and these Rockets play? It's not versatile at all. Jack up threes, iso, pick and roll, FTs, dunks..repeat.

tinman likes this.
  8. marky :)

marky :) Member

Besides adding mid range shots what other ways of scoring is there? Should we start shooting from half court?

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

NBA is rigged trash anyway. I watch my rockets though. I know we won't win without a 3 or 4 headed monster.

If it's not fun don't watch it Mr Coattail.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

If the league really wanted to put an end to Harden drawing fouls it could simply reinstate hand checking. That would kill flopping and give the defense a chance. We all know it would never happen since scoring and perimeter play would suffer

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Pinpointing James for doing something half the league does or tries to do...sure.

You know what makes the Rockets not fun? It isn't the fouls and let's be honest, even though it slows the game down Harden gets fouled about 3x more than he gets a call for. It's not the style of play...fast paced, 3 heavy, lobs, run and gun...

It's when they go cold for 7 minutes a game and refuse to diversify the attack. It's when a team has the length and athleticism to contest 3s and they have trouble getting into a rhythm.

Blaming James is a cop out. They whooped ass this year and it was fun to watch, says the guy who spent the season focusing on the Rockets. Keep driving home that national narrative cop out bullshit Harden hater hot take drivel though. Keeps you employed right....

12. Mr. Motiejunas

Horry is a fat, overrated guy who rode coattails of 4 all time great players to titles.

SamFisher likes this.
  13. onreego

onreego Member

I think for the general public, it has less to do with his fouls (It's a factor, yes) but more to do with him not being flashy or freakishly athletic. WB went to the line at nearly the same clip this past season.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

B.. B.. But Westbrook has triple doubles.

onreego likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

guns blazin' with big shot. He has something to say about every one. Tell us how you feel about a stupid fat bear or bad postured bear replacing turbo?

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Why does he keep showing up at Toyota Center, then? Surely he can go watch opposing teams at their own arenas.

Purp8585, onreego and J.R. like this.
  17. KlutchQT

Per basektball reference, he averaged the same number of FTs per game in the postseason as he did in the regular season. I'm not sure why people continue to say this year after year.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Don't look at the FTA in the aggregate. Look at them for each series. Harden averaged twice as many FTA against OKC than he did against SA.

19. KlutchQT

The Spurs are notoriously disciplined and fouled the least of any team even in the regular season, so I'm not sure what your point is. My point is that the "Harden falters in the playoffs because refs suddenly swallow their whistles" narrative is unfounded.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Don't look at aggregate data - look at a specific data point that supports my position and ignore those that undercut it!

JayGoogle and onreego like this.