1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rio Grande Valley Vipers claim Stanley Robinson

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by RudyTBag, Nov 23, 2010.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

redundancy? :grin:

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I guess people are ignoring the fact that one of his weaknesses is mental toughness. Isn't that what every1 is crying about?

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Morey is def. putting out a stack team down there. I wonder why they didn't bring back Antonio Anderson. He did alright during pre season, making a couple of shots.

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

No. The Magic simply cut him to save money.
    They already had/have the second highest payroll in the leauge and Robinson wasn't going to get any playing time, since the Magic roster is so deep, so ownership decided to cut him.

Van Gundy talked a little bit about that right here (starting @ 4:40).

More:
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...do-magic-player-preview-stanley-robinson.html

Shooting Drill Practice Video of Robinson (and Duhon):
    http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2010/10/12/101210duhonrobinsonm4v-1437391/index.html

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

They did, yesterday.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/riograndevalley/anderson112210.html

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We need to upgrade our athletic ability in order to get stops in the 4th Quarter. The Suns scored 8 straight times down the court and this includes offensive rebounds. Yes, Brad and Scola are savvy veterans, however, they can't get rebounds or play tough in the post.

We have the slowest, lowest vertical at the SF, PF, and Center than any team in the league, which is killing our defense and rebounding.

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

where are the vids of stanley roberts shooting, and creating his own shot? his defense looks promising, but im sorry, all these vids of his dunks off of lob passes arent enough to show what he can do offensively.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

There aren't any. Stanley Roberts is already an athletic specimen and has amazing measurements. If he could also shoot and create his own shot he wouldn't be a 2nd rounder in the first place.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hmm really promising. The question is who do we cut to get him? My vote is JT, although he would probably turn into someone decent and make us look stupid down the road.

However we really need an upgrade at the SF slot. Battier/Chase combo has been losing us games.

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

That guy looks like a beast.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I thought We got the Stanley Roberts of the 1998-1999 team out of retierment. Dude got busted for steroid back then

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I've been saying this for the longest time. Reminds me of the old Sacramento team that was unathletic, but could score a lot of points and could get many assist. This team needs to get quicker/athletic/longer. Teams just attack the paint and score relentlessly do to not having enough size.

13. anchel

anchel Member

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Stanley-Robinson-1075/#ixzz16CAMB2nJ

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

We should pick him up, tank the season, draft #1 AND develop our young guys. Then trade all the veterans for cap space.

15. Htown's2kFinest

Shoot trade Budinger while he still has some value and pick this guy up. At least he doesn't need to jack up 3s all the time to contribute.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he can play a little four. His body is nearly identical to Gerald Wallace, except he can jump higher.

If Van Gundy likes him, I think we should make room.

He can't be worse than what we have got going. If we can teach him to hit that corner 3, we might have an explosive Battier disciple!

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why are the fricken VIPERS more athletic than the Rockets?

DD

18. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

IMO he resembles Gerald Wallace. AND the Vipers are more athletic then the Rockets funny to think of it, but true. Gerald Wallace could not hit a three to save his life, but is a statistical monster and rebounding/defensive machine. JT would have to go. I want to see more of JT play he's got potential and looked good during the summer league and D-league wonder why he's not getting any burn.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vipers would be damn fun to watch If they had Ish down there...

PHI SLAMMA JAMMA!!!

20. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Yup! This guy is definitely NBA level talent let him learn the game from some vets.

But keep JT or at least play him to determine if having Robinson would be better. But I want JT.

He will likely be down there this year tho.…