1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rio Grande Valley Vipers claim Stanley Robinson

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by RudyTBag, Nov 23, 2010.

1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

The KING of the put-back dunk, step aside Kenyon Martin:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TkIfNKprxEk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TkIfNKprxEk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XxiyCls1V1M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XxiyCls1V1M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Reads a lot like Trevor Ariza. Except Ariza was a rotation player from day 1 at age 19.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are not even remotely close to the same type of player though, one is a PF the other is a SF....

DD

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If we're going to make a big move it needs to be for a bonafide star.

No good adding 'valuable pieces' - we have lots of those. What we really need is a difference maker on his own.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He isn't going to have a career in the NBA guarding PF's. He is a big defensive SF, imo...

He is super quick laterally, and his perimeter defense is probably what he is best at. In the NBA, he has got to be a SF.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Really? Well ok then....I figured he was an uber quick PF....in the Blake Griffin speed type ....clearly not the skills though.

I stand corrected, and if this guy shows anything, they should dump Taylor and give him a spot on the roster.

And he is only 6'6.5".....tall.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Stanley-Robinson-1075/

DD

#26 DaDakota, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  7. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

we cant judge a player's game by just looking at highlights...that's why it's called highlights after all. We need to see him play first against NBA caliber competition at the D-League then we can judge if he is at least worthy of that spot on our current roster.

8. Egghead

Egghead Member

Height with shoes is basically 6'8"

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I really like that DraftExpress comparison. I saw him play a couple of games in college last year and Gerald Wallace was the guy that came to mind when I was trying to compare him to NBA players.

Not that he is anywhere near as good as Gerald Wallace, obviously, but if he can show any resemblance of Wallace's defensive capabilities, then it's a steal... especially if the Rockets give him a shot.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The guy cannot shoot and was just released, which should tell you enough. He needs to bounce around the Euro/D-League for a few years and then return.

11. Classic

Classic Member

Gold jacket, green jacket who gives a ****? The guy plays 2 feet above the rim.

12. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

but i thought joey dorsey was going to be a beast too..........

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Since like a decent enough kid to me, but probably a bit too raw to be of help this season. You never know though, I hope RA gets a close look at him, seems like a younger version of Ariza minus the bad attitude:

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/201...anley-robinson-their-second-round-pick-in-the
    As for those wondering why Magic would cut their 2nd round pick after just a few games, redundancy and $$$ might have played a part. It seems to me though they should have just sold their 2nd round pick to DM if they're gonna waste it like this.
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._mickael-pietrus-stan-van-gundy-dwight-howard
    Finally I'm surprised he got picked up by the Vipers according to the articles he should have been picked up by the new mexico thunderbirds.

14. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

Looks legit... can he shoot?

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Not really... but neither can the rest of our SFs lol

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Great pick-up by the Vipers. This guy just needs a little polish to his game and he will be ok.

17. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

True Dat

18. Prince

Prince Member

Stromile Swift 2.0? :)

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Reminds me of a SF version of DJ Mbenga.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So what you're saying is he's Stromile Swift-lite? ;)