1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Right now we are in the apex of Hardens prime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Apr 14, 2019.

1. riko

riko Member

So the time is to cash in .Hope the Rockets understand this and go on a memorable run. We have arguably the greatest scorer known to manking outside of Jordan and Kobe of this generation so any season we fail to advance is a lost season. We have a point god in CP3 and a freakish scorer unlike anything we have seen in Houston. The time is now so let’s go and get it!

#1 riko, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    dragonwill, D-rock, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden better shoot a respectable percentage from 3 this postseason.

chadyang and Lawlruschang like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

yep Harden has to be the Harden we saw in the regular season

chadyang, Stormy1234 and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think we know what we have in Harden, CP3, Capela and Gordon. It's going to take 2 guys from the bench to give great contributions on any single game for this to get to the top of the mountain.

D-rock, BigMaloe, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  5. riko

riko Member

I have a feeling you will see Rivers and Faried who in particular is hungry for redemption explode. Having said that it will ultimately come down to James and Paul.

D-rock, BigMaloe, B-Bob and 3 others like this.
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This "apex" could very well last 3-4 years. Stop thinking of this man as a mere mortal, and start putting him next to the likes of Kobe, MJ, Bron, Bird, etc etc. He's going to be doing this till he's 34 at LEAST.

7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden's Hostile Takeover begins...tonight.

joshuaao, D-rock, topfive and 2 others like this.
  8. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

DUH. Also if his 6 other co-stars come to play & if MDA says its ok...

D-rock likes this.
  9. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I don't hold Harden accountable for his 3pt% but more so his willingness to attack. He cannot have long spurts of shooting 3s like that OKC game, or any other playoff loss. He's got to take the Lebron approach to the playoffs and rely on 2s to open up the 3 game for the rest of the team.

Donovan was trending upwards at a really good pace in our series last year. I do like the idea of letting him get his and stay home on the shooters and Gobert; however, I think if they're shooting for letting him have 46 pts, then that's a UTA win. Him scoring 46 means he's getting it too easily and we'll more likely than not be overcompensating.

Hakeemtheking and saleem like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Attack and hit floaters plus mid range 2's along with stepback 3's. More efficient scoring may lead to
    more free throws. Harden should go for steals, but avoid getting cheap fouls. Getting mentally focused is key for him and for all of the guys. I hope Capela will be fit and hungry to go too.
    Go Houston Rockets!

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Lucky for us we have Gordon, Rivers, and even Shump, all good defenders taking turns guarding Donovan. MDA will have the option of putting a fresh body on Donovan and any of their other guards, and not worry about fatigue. I feel this could be a huge advantage for us this year that must be exploited.

12. fattz

fattz Member

Harden is at an all time high and he is key for any Rockets success. Harden is going to have to pound the paint like crazy to get their bigs in foul trouble or this season is over —> we are to small to hang with the Jazz (see the OKC game). I know Harden has the skill set to so but the referees are going to have to call a fair game. Plus someone going to have to cover Mitchell, too. There is only one James Harden and the Jazz are like the Rockets coming into the playoffs on a hot streak. Harden is writing his legacy —> I believe in him; this is going to be fun to watch.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I usually start a thread in the off season on if harden can get any better. I never think he can but he always does. We will not know what his apex is until after he loses his hunger. The guy just figures out to get better.

topfive likes this.
  14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Tilman's cashing in alright...

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he's been the first or second MVP candidate for 5 years now. if this is his apex, we still have an MVP candidate for the next 4 years.

dipping under the LT this season might have been a smart move. sure we'd have a better chance of winning if morey and Tillman went all in, but the warriors will be healthy and loaded with the most talented team yet. we still have a punchers chance against them anyway. however, wait until next year when boogie and probably even KD leave... and since we were under the tax this year, we may go over next year and have our most talented team yet.

I think if we don't get by them this year, we will have our best chance to get by them next year. it is likely that we will spend the MLE again and possibly trade ego in a package for a legit 3rd star.

D-rock and Deuce like this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'll keep saying it....butler is the key.

17. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

harden has to have that mentality of having to score at least 30 in each game.. if he’s aggressive with his shots I think we have a good chance

Reeko likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the biggest frustrations I hear from Packer fans is that Aaron Rodgers' prime is being wasted. The Pack have one Super Bowl championship to show for it from relatively early in Rodger's career but we haven't even gotten to the NBA Finals with Harden. One of my frustrations with the Rockets this season has been for all of Harden's greatness this team is doing worse than it did last season. A record streak of 30+ games with 30+ points is a cool stat but doesn't mean much when the likes of the Nuggets and Trailblazers are ahead of us in standings.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Can Harden break the NBA single playoff game points scored record of 63 this year?

I'm leaning yes...

D-rock likes this.
  20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Mismanagement on both Rogers and Harden. They can only do so much with what management provides. Had the Rockets started the season with the current bench players, their record would be a lot better than the current 53-54 wins, likely a #1 seed in the West again.