1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RG3 or Bradford?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Trackwell, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

:cool:The Rams will trade one of these studs in the next few months. I know that we have a late 1st rounder but is there any way that we trade multiple picks to get RG3??? Most will say we have more pressing needs like WR, but I think RG3 is going to win Superbowls. We are deep enough now where we can can gamble on multiple picks for a star. It will never happen but I think it would benefit us in the long run to nab a franchise changing quarterback.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Don't forget, everyone. You can now rate threads in this forum.

3. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Okay........I guess you are sold on injury plagued Shaub......:rolleyes:

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

46 consecutive starts prior to a fluke bellyflop from Albert Haynesworth.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Yep, let's trade our team for a quarterback. What a great idea.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Worked for the Saints and Ricky Williams.

7. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

The Rams aren't going to trade Bradford, his contract is too big and I wouldn't even want to trade for him anyways. It's already been said that the Browns are trading the number 2 pick and with several teams in the top 10 looking to make that move, the bounty would be way too high for us to move up from 26 to 2. For the Browns to move up to #2 they are probably going to have to give up the #4, #22, and probably their second round pick or atleast their 3rd plus more. To match an offer like that we would have to trade our first 3 round picks for the next 2 years, that is a franchise killing move. We already have Mario, Foster, Myers, Briesel, and Dressen as notable free agents this year. Next year we have Brown and Barwin. If we trade all of those picks, we would have to some how lock every single one of those guys up (which probably won't happen) because we wouldn't be able to replace them through the draft unless we somehow find diamonds with each of our late round picks.

8. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

It would cost a couple of 1st rounders and a third and a 5th??? Is that not worth it ??? What If RG3 turns into the next big thing???

We are really not that strong at QB??

Shaube is top 12 when he is healthy and that is a big IF. Fluke or no fluke, Shaube misses to much time

I'm kind of suprised that others have not brought his up. RG3 just ran a 4.38 40:eek: And he is a better passer then runner:grin:

He is a smart kid as well. Teams that are deep like us can take gambles on players

9. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I see your point, and I agree somewhat. I just don't think it would cost that much to move up. I think it would cost 2 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 5th. I think that might be worth it.....

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If hypothetically we could get a 3rd round pick for TJ Yates, I'd be willing to move 2 1s and that 3 for the pick if Kubiak was convinced on RG3.

11. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

All of those picks would be in the back end of the round which is why it would cost more for us. The Browns package I suggested is a Top 5 1st, and middle of the order 1st, and a top 5 2nd, and they still might have to give up more. Difference in value between the front of a round and the back is pretty astronomical

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

As a Baylor guy, I would be ridiculously excited about seeing RG3 suit up for the Texans...but it's not going to happen.

13. Pete the Cheat

why wouldn't you move Schaub as well?

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

A contending team drafting a rookie QB makes little sense.

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

The Rams will get a lot better offers than a couple of very late 1st rounders for Griffin. The only way that the Texans can compete would be to trade established players.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Again, Schaub had started 46 consecutive games - basically three full seasons - before the Haynesworth injury. He's projected to fully recover by training camp. Unless you have some inside knowledge that his current injury is career threatening, I don't see how you can make the argument that he "misses too much time".

17. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Yep, I can't wait to see what they actually end up getting. It's going to dwarf the Falcons trade to move up to get Julio.

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Because this team has the talent to win next year and I wouldn't get rid of the starting QB to go with a rookie, no matter how highly I think of him. It would be ridiculously unfair to the fans and the players if after we finally got to the playoffs we turned the team over to an unproven rookie and fell back out of the playoffs while he developed.

I'd make moves to get him if possible, but one of those moves would NOT be dumping Matt Schaub.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We already have our starter in T.J. Yates.