1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reputable Mechanics in Austin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Turbo, Mar 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Well, it looks as if I'm going to have to finally bite the bullet and find a mechanic to work on what had previously been my reliable truck. I was wondering if any of you guys knew of a good mechanic in the Austin area who is trustworthy and/or would provide cheap/free estimates on the work to be done (I realize that the term 'trustworthy mechanic' is considered an oxymoron in some circles, but I digress). I'm thinking about going to Groovy Automotive, but have never really had any major work done w/ them (typically just oil & lube). Any help or advice you guys can provide would certainly be appreciated.

-Turbo

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Try Kinney Auto Shop on South Lamar and Oltorf. I know the owner, George, personally. Great guy, I dated his daughter.

3. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Bo's Automotive
    5200 Blue Bluff Rd
    Austin, TX 78724
    (512) 933-0658

It's pretty far east, but he's the only mechanic I've trusted past the first visit. Been using him on and off since 1999. There's another poster here at clutchfans that uses him regularly. CALL BEFORE YOU GO.

4. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

If you are on the North side of Austin, try Precision Tune auto care and make sure Evan still works there. He should, he was the manager when we left Austin. To risk an oxymoron, he is only the second honest mechanic I have ever known.

2308 Pecan St W
    Pflugerville, TX 78660
    (512) 990-3836

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Flamingo Automotive on 38th and Guadalupe if it's a foreign model -- ask for Joe.