1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican National Committe Survey

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cesar^Geronimo, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Cesar^Geronimo

I recently received this E-mal from the GOP National committee.

Too me it was a very biased survey looking to push there agenda not dig for real concerns. No place to pick choices that deviate from their agenda.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The classic push poll.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Where's the money? Most surveys ask for your opinion as a lead in to ask for money. The bottom line is that your money is important and your opinions not so. The exception to the rule is if you give big $$$, then they have better manners while listening to your opinion.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

My god I'm brilliant~!

:D

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=111520&highlight=talking+points

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What pure, unadulterated crap. (in my opinion) It's a push poll, designed to put their "talking points" for the upcoming election into your brain, and hopefully get you to go to the polls to vote for their "agenda." And they're hoping you'll "tell your friends." You must have voted Republican in one of the last couple of elections. That'd be my guess.

That's cool if you did, obviously, but the two parties have gotten very sophisticated in identifying their potential voters, and trying to get their attention. I frequently recieve mailings from the state and national Democratic Party, because I've been a Democrat since Reagan was elected, when I decided that being an independent wasn't doing enough on my part to bring about constructive change, and preserve the ideals and freedoms threatened by the capture of the GOP by the far-right, fundamentalist wing of the party. (see how subtle I can be? ;) ) I can tell you that what I receive is very tame in comparison to what you posted. That could be because of my "demographic." I don't know that for sure, though.

Any Democrats or independents out there recieve Democratic literature that compares to this? Frankly, it seems like a sophomoric effort by the GOP. Notice how the list of news networks made sure to highlight Fox News?

ABC News
    CBS News
    NBC News
    Fox News Channel
    CNN
    MSNBC

Very subtle, lol!

Keep D&D Civil.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

My Mom got a flyer from her Repub Congressman that had two of the six sides quoting himself, another side for a money pitch, two sides on immigration and secure borders, and the final side had a 4 question quiz that was similar to the one mentioned above.

7. Cesar^Geronimo

I am sorry to say I have voted Republican recently.

I couldn't believe the nerve to send this out -- pushing their agenda and making it look like a survey. I considered it an insult to my inteligence

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Get any Democratic stuff? I haven't seen anything from them as absurd as this. No yet, anyway! ;)

Keep D&D Civil.

9. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

How would you rate the President's term so far?
    1) Great! Keep up the good work!
    2) Excellent, very proud of his efforts to keep taxes low and evil left wingers from having any control.
    3) Astounding, best prez evar!
    4) A++++++++++++!!!!!! Great e-bayer! FAST Shipping!! Would love to do business again!!!!!!

10. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

we all make mistakes, welcome back to reality.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member