1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporting people for constantly ruining/hijacking threads...

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by jocar, Sep 13, 2013.

1. jocar

jocar Member

Is it ok to do, or is it just an annoying pain in the ass for mods? I'm talking about those efftards turning every thread into nonstop Lin arguments by either unnecessarily bashing Lin to annoy his followers, or his fans who do nothing but trash our other PG's, Harden, etc. in response or out of spite. It's so repetitive. The same 2012-13 LOF haters and Lin lovers go at it every day. Some people are not here for the team, but are here just to troll, instigate, or annoy. I'm starting to hope he's traded solely so his fans and their trolls would be gone. It's not hard to see why he's losing more and more support, even from the older posters who used to like him in here (and no, it ain't because of him). Some of these locusts put Bieber fans and haters to shame. I've noticed the good posters posting less and less, while these fng's ruin the conversation with nothing but pissing match youtube comments.

I see many of them have already been banned (thank you mods!), but should we hit 'report' on these guys if constant instigating, hijacking or trolling is not "spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts"? And is it ok if ______ does nothing but hates on everyone that's not named Lin in this forum?

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Oh look, another Lin thread. Congratulations! you just won a free I-pad.

Yah, the garm has becometh readable again, but for how long?

3. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

So are you saying trade Lin straight up for Chris Paul?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ridiculous. CP3 has already reached his ceiling but Lin can still improve. That would be a horrible trade for the Rockets.

Plus, McHale would all be like "SHUDDUP PALL WE GON ISO JAMES ALLDAY" and then CP3 would get angry because he doesn't have the calmness and humility of Lin.

1 person likes this.
  6. jocar

jocar Member

How about Lin bandwagoners for Kobe bandwagoners. We can even throw in a couple of 1st rounders and rights to Llull.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't think that the trolls and the xOFs will go away if we trade Lin. We still have McGrady-bashing threads and even Pippen-bashing threads (though he deserves them all and then some) though they've been gone for years.

And, trading Lin just opens a roster spot for a new breed of xOFs and xOHs as people develop irrational opinions about a new set of players. The phenomenon will never stop. It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear and it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Besides, we've had people lamenting how good posters leave and the bbs isn't as good as it used to be since at least 1997, which is as far back as my recollection goes. We used to have some good posters that have left, but we also used to have a bunch of bad ones too. We have good posters now to go with the bad ones we have now. The good thing (if history is any guide) is that we'll apparently remember the good more than the bad.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, the Patterson Only Fan war was pretty intense but didn't last that long. :grin: And I am not aware of any Pippen fans here. Poor dude, nobody ever defends him.

To be honest, as much as I love Hakeem, his godlike status sometimes is as irrational as the Lin worship. But we are sports fans -- fanatics. By definition, fanatics are extremists who aren't particularly rational. So any expectation of a totally calm and objective environment on a fans board is itself an irrational expectation.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There is no place on the web big enough to contain the Kobe bandwagon.

I'll keep the Linners... actually.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texans can't win because Schaub's not elite.