1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Clippers dangling Jamal Crawford in sign-and-trade : Maybe a possibility?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tested911, Jul 3, 2014.

1. tested911

tested911 Member

Would be great if Houston could pick up Jamal C.

Report: Clippers dangling Jamal Crawford in sign-and-trade

Despite having no cap room, the Clippers have been linked to Luol Deng and Paul Pierce.

Maybe Pierce would give the Clippers a discount to return to his hometown and reunite with Doc Rivers. But the Nets, as long as they still don’t care about payroll costs, could offer Pierce a large contract to re-sign in Brooklyn.

Deng probably would seek a larger salary. At least he wouldn’t take a pay cut for the Heat.

So how have the Clippers gotten involved with such prominent players? A willingness to trade Jamal Crawford is a start.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Yuck. No thank you.

3. tested911

tested911 Member

Holy cow I had no idea he was that old already. 34 years old... I'll pass now,

I always valued him pretty high because of a such a great spark off the bench with a consistent shot. He killed us the past couple of season based on aggressiveness and 3pt shooting.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Clippers are idiots if they think the Paul Pierce that exists now is better than Jamal Crawford. Great example of homerism by Doc Rivers.

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Do you watch basketball?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Crawford is 34 years old.

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

He is a pretty good player for what he does. However, what he does we have no need for on the Rockets. He is 34 years old and makes over 5 million dollars. I agree, no thank you.

Also, are the Clippers turning into the Heat West? Seems like every time there is a veteran player who used to be good, it is either the Heat or the Clippers that get him- Paul Pierce, Danny Granger, Glen Davis....

8. Swag

Swag Member

he would help our bench alot. i remember that our bench had trouble scoring during the season many times

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

He wouldn't be a terrible use of the Omer Asik trade exception. Would bring a spark off the bench.

10. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

Crawford is one of my favorite players to watch. Incredible handles, good shot, instant offense of the bench. However he doesn't fit our needs at all basketball wise (perimeter defense) and would cripple or chances of getting a third star. Rockets should and will pass on Crawford

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Yes, we should go after him, no doubt! He has killed us many times the last few years, I don't care how old he is.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He would be great he brings that fire! but only for the right price.

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

What were his numbers last year?

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lin didn't work out last year as your 6th man/irrational confidence guy.

At 5 1/2 mil a year, Morey could do alot worse. Crawford, as crazy irrational as his game is, can win you a game here and there when he goes off.

Lets see what major moves the Rockets make first, and if there is room to do a separate deal afterwards, I think it would be a super smart move for the Rockets to explore getting a true 6th man.

However, I think he's being dangled out there as a possibility for the Clips to acquire a major free agent. I dont think they give him away unless they are getting someone major in return, and the Rockets aren't sellers, they are buyers... so I doubt this move actually happens. Crawford has alot of value for them if they aren't getting a major player in free agency.