1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Regarding DWade causing Snyder to fall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xomox, Oct 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i'm just now watching that game (thanks r2k) and i noticed on that play that dwade steps on snyders right foot just before he falls. i thought his falling didn't look quite right. he was unable to step back with his right foot causing him to lose his balance. reminds me of all the times they air the play where jordan pushed off on bryan russell to get the game winning shot on utah. buncha bs if you ask me.

2. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

I must be going blind,....i cant seem to find the preseason video thread for the rockets vs magics

can someone please show me the way?? :confused:

3. playlife

playlife Member

He was talking about the Heat game....magics game is not up yet....it's suppose to be here

http://www.rocketredrockers.net:6969/index.html

4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I can't believe that play made SportCenter top 10 plays... freaking [E]ast[C]oastports[N]etwork bias.. and that doesn't include not having any of Yao's highlights and having a bunch of Shaqs. They need to show more of his free throw airballs.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

AI did the same thing to Jacque Vaughn. Does anyone care? No, cause it was a nice more. Wade's wasn't as nice, but he embarassed Synder all the same.

6. kawins

kawins Member

That's no news. ESPN has been like this all along.
    Now, Wade not only had a 4-step layup around Yao, but he stepped on Snyder for another highlight? Shame.

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Wade didn't even make a move. As he stepped on Snyder's foot, he did a step back and shot a jumper. Wow...look out Hot Sauce, here comes DWade.

8. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately I saw the ESPN highlights of that game. They showed four highlights of Wade and one of McGrady passing to Alston. It was excellent. They ended by showing the Wade travel, saying something like, "Wade with the spectacular finish...but the Rockets won".

9. deshen

deshen Member

That is what we need to go. winning rather than highlight is the top priority

10. Caboose

Caboose Member

True but since it's the preseason a month from now all anyone will care about is the crossover. But i agree. Winning is all that should matter.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

either way.

I dont want Snyder to get mad... I want him to get EVEN!

12. Omer

Omer Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BnUtEFUBcoU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BnUtEFUBcoU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Theres the video. Yeah thats gay how Wade gets all the bs calls goin his way. First the free throws in playoffs, then no traveling call, and now people think he's a street baller for stepping on Snyder's foot and makin him fall. I posted a comment on YouTube under the video to let people know he stepped on his foot.

13. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Agreed.

(or mad AND even)

14. Caboose

Caboose Member

Watched the replay again. It looked like he definetly stepped on his foot.

15. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Just to show how cheap of a move this is, and how it gives zero indication of a player's offensive ability, I remember when Mo Taylor was a Rocket, he pulled this same move on Kevin Garnett, causing KG to fall down, giving the illusion that KG just got crossed, when all that really happened was Mo-T stepped on KG's foot. KG getting crossed by Mo Taylor? Uh, I don't think so. I'm sure someone can find this on one of R2K's releases and make a youtube clip.

Refs should crack down on this move, keep an eye out for it, and call a violation on the offensive player when they see it.

16. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Yep, ESPN pissed me off with that... :mad:

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Yeah Word. When we actually waxed that a** that night..

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

wade is very impressive but that move was not. snyder didn't fall down because he got faked out, he just fell over, or got stepped on, apparently.

19. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Didn't Snyder strip Wade within the next few Heat possessions?

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thanks for the vid. That was lame.