1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reebok will outfit all 29 NBA teams......

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HOOP-T, Aug 1, 2001.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

.....beginning in 2004-2005. Hard to believe they have a new outfitter. Champion, Puma and Nike contracts expire then. Hmm, Reebok is getting overzealous, having already signed a huge contract with the NFL as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20010801/ap-nba-reebok.html

Reebok, NBA in deal to make Canton-company exclusive provider

August 1, 2001

BOSTON (AP) -- Reebok will outfit all 29 National Basketball Association teams, as well as market and sell their apparel, under a new 10-year agreement.

The agreement, terms of which were not immediately disclosed, takes full effect beginning in the 2004-2005 season, once contracts between individual teams and Nike, Champion and Puma have expired.

The deal also applies to all WNBA teams and teams in NBA's development league.

The deal gives Reebok exclusive rights to supply and market all on-court apparel, including uniforms, shooting shirts, warm-ups, jerseys and practice gear.

Reebok will also have, with limited exceptions, exclusive rights to market and sell headgear, t-shirts, fleece and other apparel.

The company recently signed a 10-year, $250 million agreement with the NFL.

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

2. Matador

Matador Member

This sucks. I hate Reebok.

I really don't want to wear any NBA gear w/ a Reebok logo on it.

------------------

3. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Ditto for me

------------------

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I don't have anything against Reebok at all . . . but I wish it were Converse [​IMG]

WOW, that is pretty awesome for Reebok though. Reebok has REALLY been aggressive lately, with the I3 line, and signing Steve Francis and a few other stars. Now let's see if they can make good shoes -- the Wink DMX was a HUGE disappointment. But the I3 was kickass.

------------------
    "We must move forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom." --Kang

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

YESSSSSSSS!!! Come on, guys. Don't you know what this means?

Stevie will acheive ultimate "coolness" because his shoes match his uniform!

Oh golly gee bobbers, we've got the coolest player in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] yeah, well, this is what everyone at school thinks.

me - hey, bianca. wanna go to the show on friday?

bianca - (doesn't even hear me) do you realize you have a fubu shirt on with nike socks, reebok shorts and adidas shoes? (smirk)

Holy crap girl. I didn't want you anyway. [​IMG]

------------------
    Long Live The Catomic Bomb.

DON'T TRADE DOTEL!

6. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Every uni should be nike and dry fit.

------------------
    Life quotes:-Statistics are like a bikini;what they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.
    -You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
    -Anyone who can walk to the welfare office can walk to work.
    -Budget:A method for going broke methodically.
    -We've sent a man to the moon,and thats 29000 miles away. The center of the Earth is only 4000 miles away. You could drive that in a week but for some reason nobodys ever done it.
    -I either want less corruption or more chance to participate in it.
    -People will accept your idea much more readily if you tell them Benjamin Franklin said it first.
    -As long as people will accept crap it will be financially profitable to dispense it.
    -Laugh at your problems,everyone else does.
    -Sex is not the answer.Sex is the question.Yes is the answer.
    -If at first you don't succeed,redefine success.

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I don't care who makes them as long as ours change!!!!

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I was watching SportsCenter and some original Nike outfitted teams (Raiders, Packers, Jets) have switched to Reebok. Who is next? The Cowboys.

I don't like Reebok and I didn't like Puma before the Rockets signed with them. Now I wear Puma stuff - Rockets Puma stuff.

The Reebok gear will grow on us. 10 years is a long time.