1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Dead Redemption sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Between this and Westworld I've been on a wild west binge... I've even begun watching Deadwood for like the 10th time, and have downloaded the first RRD on Xbox One to play through it again.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Looks great, but no PC version announced. Hate how Rockstar always does this and then releases the PC version a year later or never.

Caesar likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not buying this game unless they keep microtransactions to a minimum.

RocketWalta and Poloshirtbandit like this.
  5. Poloshirtbandit

Same. They really ruined GTA V with this. More disappointing is they never released DLC for single player.

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Were there micro transaction in the last one? I don't remember buying anything other than the game itself.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Everything changed for Rockstar after GTA V and the success of GTA Online. They promised single player DLC but even though they never admitted as to why it never came out, one can surmise that it was because they could make a lot more money by working on DLC for GTA Online as an effort to sell shark cards.

Rockstar stopped caring about single player which is too bad because I fell in love with GTA by playing their great single player mode and not Online. I'm worried about this new direction because it'll mean that the single player experience won't be the best that it can be due to devoting resources to more profitable Online gameplay.

Canadiandude likes this.
  8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Didn't know that about GTA. The only one I ever played was 3 (I think) and that was just when I was over at friends house.

9. Nigel Thornberry

Then get a console

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GTA V is amazing, regardless. This will be too.

CourtOfDreams likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Buying a console for one game is stupid.

12. Nigel Thornberry

I didn’t know if there were other games you liked other than just RDR

13. Poloshirtbandit

Gta online was fun when it first came out. Now it has become a free roam Call of Duty.

14. percicles

Cuerpo esta listo

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Having never played the first one, is the single player mode on RDR regarded as being good?? I'm looking to get into another single player type game similar to GTA. The storyline in this series seems cool, but I'm not really into online gaming.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I love red dead’s single player... it’s the best part of the game and pretty replayable.

Hope they continue to focus on single player in the 2nd one.

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RDR's single player was fantastic. The world was so much fun to explore. The Undead Nightmare expansion was also a ton of fun.

GTA and RDR games are must-plays for me, but I have to say that I've really soured on Rockstar. They never released any DLC for GTA V and focused exclusively on GTA Online. As a young professional with a job, I don't have time to grind away online and put up with the crowd it brings. I just want new single-player experiences so I can immerse myself in that world once in a while. They promised it for GTA V, but never delivered. It makes me pessimistic for RDR2.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm in the exact same boat. I might fire up my PS4 to play a game once or twice a week at the most, and I really have no desire to play with the online crowd. I just want a single player universe that has depth and doesn't need the online element to make the game playable.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't finish many single player games, but RDR was incredible. 40+ hours in it, and it has one of the best DLCs I've ever played (Undead Nightmare).

20. percicles