1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recording Studios - Help (inquiry) needed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by candlegreen, Mar 26, 2014.

1. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

This may be an erratic request, but are there any recording studios with decent equipment that rents the place for a small amount of time? This is strictly "for fun" purposes and something special for a good friend that's helping me out on my upcoming wedding. Also, any description on how it works would be awesome. Thank you for your time.

edit: in houston area, of course.

#1 candlegreen, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I've been to several places around town, though I don't have any recommendations. I've never had to pay for time out of my own pocket. But you should be able to get time for as little as $40-60 an hour, mutliple times that if you want to go all out. Not sure on if you'll run into hourly minimums though. Houston def has some top notch labs, lots of hits have been recorded here.

Edit: Actually, I can recommend this place: Sunrise Sound. I've been there several times and have tons of great memories in thier "Grey Room" studio. Again, not sure on the cost though.

#2 HR Dept, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  3. candlegreen

Thanks!!! I'll definitely look into that!

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Are you going to be producing/mastering the content yourself? I highly doubt that a studio is going to let you walk in and just use the equipment. They will most likely put a package together that includes production/mixing/mastering. This could be costly if you are going to use a studio with quality producers and equipment. I have a home studio (not suggesting anything) and I can almost guarantee you putting together a mini setup at home would be a lot cheaper if its just for "fun" or as a hobby.....

5. candlegreen

Oh cost is not the real issue here. I have seen a couple places around the 40-60 dollar range as HR Dept have mentioned. My friend and I both have something set up at home, so it's more of a hobby/interest but just an experience. I'm budgeted to spend the money on this one. Thanks for the concern though!

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Guitar Center on Westheimer near the Galleria has a recording studio in the store and do offer the services you are in the market for.That's another option for you...

7. candlegreen

I'll look into that as well. I really do appreciate the time spent to help out on this! It's a once in a lifetime thing (I think...) so it is greatly appreciated!

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Totally forgot about Guitar Center, I believe the one in Pasadena has a studio as well.

1 person likes this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Guitar Center is probably the easiest quality studio to get into without much hassle or complications. LOVE Guitar Center.... I want everything in there... :(

1 person likes this.