1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Really don't get the rockets??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Mar 17, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

80% of ingles shooting is 37% if dekker improved that dramatically in one offseason I would be shocked. He's a 20mpg player because of Hayward, hood and the plethora of young wing talents they have.

Win now mode. Korver is likely to resign in Cleveland as is much older and not as good as Ingles anymore. Redick isn't the defender and likely to be paid even more.

If we could get him for 15m that would be fantastic. I'd consider starting him over ariza and if not he would get 25+minutes. He's that good and underrated.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Why? Parsons pretty much did. Dekker's 22. 22-year-olds get better, and often by leaps and bounds between Year 1 and Year 2.

I'm sorry, but we're just not going to agree on this one; I'll always take the young, talented guy on a team friendly deal vs. paying almost $20MM/yr on a 30-year-old having a career year in 20mpg during a contract season. And I don't know if you're really considering the potential opportunity cost that could arise from having all that money locked up in another role player. I'm not saying we have to preserve cap flexibility at all costs, but I don't believe that Ingles is worth sacrificing it altogether.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think that our rotation and increased reliance on veterans is an artifact of our contending strength and getting ready for the playoffs. We've made a choice to get Lou Will as comfortable as possible . BUT... I think yall are selling the FO's opinion on Sam and Trez short.

Those guys are NOT good shooters right now, but they can definitely improve. Furthermore , the system is fixed for this season. But a good coach changes the system to fit his players. Sam and Trez both can be really good NBA players. I'd be surprised if we traded either of them , rather I think we envision a bigger role for them next year.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I understand the cost potential but I also highly doubt he gets 20m. I think he is due for 12-15m and I would be happy with that.

We aren't star chasing this offseason. I think we are eyeing 2018. And we could get the space needed fairly easy.

I like dekker and his potential but he hurts our bench spacing with his lack of a shot. It doesn't kill us and I enjoy his hustle and game.

Agree to disagree.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Best answer. The more you dissect, the less you enjoy one of Houston Rockets' finest season. I love to add fuel to the Rockets by commenting, but in the end I love the Rockets win, or lose and the peeps here.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Dekker's shot is really bad. He needs a big time mechanical fix and I don't see him getting up to 38% with his current shot. Ingles is one of the best shooters in the league. Replace Dekker with Ingles and this team will be at full power. You also get an Ariza replacement who is starting to show a little slow down.