1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Realities of War

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Jun 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

My wife talked with her nephew last night. He just got transferred to Fort Bragg last month.

Of his 35 boot-camp mates from about a year ago, 6 have already been killed in action and their sargeant was also killed in action.

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Very sorry to hear that giddy. My thoughts are with their families.

Is your nephew going to hear the president speak tonight? Maybe your nephew can ask Bush what he's going to do about their deaths.

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

And ask Bush why he and congressional Republicans are stingy on VA funding while at the same time go liberal on Pentagon spending.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Because Pentagon spending is good for America....especially if you are the former CEO of Halliburton.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My Nephew is currently in the Marines, and one of his friends that I met at the marine corps graduation has gone to Iraq and was killed there. My nephew was pretty shaken up about it. It is tragic. These are people that should be alive now.

6. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

Just reading that hurts giddyup. 18yr old boys. We are almost at 1,750 Americans dead. over 100,000 of the people we are trying to liberate dead, and no end in sight. I am not for an immediate withdrawal from Iraq, I think we have to fix this mess we started but the cost is going to have to be paid in the blood of young men who get nothing out of this but a cross and maybe there name on a plaque at a VFW somewhere.

The people who start this should be prosecuted for starting a war of aggression.

7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

A friend of mine in the air force lost her husband in Iraq. They were married less than a year, and he was just barely 25. I never met him, but the pain of her loss is overwhelming. I don't really want to talk about it; this is the first time I've even mentioned it after the initial news.

A big F-U to the arm-chair warmongers in Washington. And another F-U to those who use the "volunteer" status of the military as rationale to accept a never-ending stream of dead and wounded.

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can you document that figure? remember that the lancet study has been discredited.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

f the chickenhawks

10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

many iraqis died at the hands of an evil dictator. now, americans are dying along with them. that blood is on our hands.

11. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

The "reported" - again, with emphasis on only the reports from major media if you believe they are complete - civilian deaths in Iraq to date as a result of this War is somewhere between 22563 and 25560, according to Iraq Body Count.

12. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I commend your nephew in law for doing what believes in and hope he comes back safe and sound.

I've got a good friend of mine heading off to Iraq as a civillian contractor some of my students have done their tours, are their or are going so I can sympathize. Thankfully no one that I know has been killed or injured.

While we disagree on the policies that sent them there I have the utmost respect for all who do their duty our country.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Unfortunately we are stuck there for a long time and hopefully history will prove Bush correct, so these death don't prove to be in vain.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'll have to salute these soldiers and their fallen because that's all I can do with this Know Nothing government.