1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

REALISTIC players the Rockets can get this year or next.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Habby52, Apr 23, 2012.

1. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

I would love to see this having a combination of Lee, Parsons, and Smith line up would be sick.....because since McHale likes to play small ball Smith would fit perfectly

:p

1 person likes this.
  2. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

1.Trade K.Martin for high pick to draft Austin Rivers. :)
    2. Resign C.Lee for 1 season.
    3. After next season sign with J.Harden :)
    4. It will be amazing SG position.

1 person likes this.
  3. seeingred

seeingred Member

i've wanted iguodala on this team for years and i think a combination of Lowry, Lee, Iguodala or Dragic, Iguodala, Parsons at the 1-3 could be a nightmare for other teams defensively. Andre shot 39% from the arc this year which is a career best and though he is starting to show signs of wear and tear, you can't say he's "injury prone".

the problem is, i don't think we have anything philly wants. They're looking for a young big man to replace Brand/Hawes and with the season Patterson had, I don't think he fits the bill. Martin had a terrible season statistically and lived up to the injury-ridden stigma so his main benefit is as a large expiring contract to help the salaries match. I don't think we get this done without including either lowry or a pick.

the one concern is iguodala's salary. He's 28 years old and has two years left on his contract at $14.7 and $15.9. That's a lot of money to pay a guy who has proven he is not a centerpiece to build around. But it also makes him hard for philly to move and means they'll have to settle for a smaller return. But Martin + Patterson ? no, not that small.

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

A BACKCOURT OF EVANS/LOWRY WOULD BE SOME EPIC ****. I FIGURE IF EVANS COULD THRIVE PLAYING WITH BENO FREAKING UDRIH, THEN HE COULD POSSIBLY BE A BEAST PLAYING NEXT TO LOWRY/DRAGIC.

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

It would be great, actually. Smith, Lee and Parsons are all able to guard many positions and would truly shut other teams down. We would still need to make one or two more trades for it to put us into contention though.

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Do. Not. Want.

Evans is a team killer. He would still put up nice numbers but that is it.

I can see people saying Smith is nothing but a highlight machine, but his game has substance and can truly change a game on defense alone. The highlights are the extra part. Evans on the other hand is nothing but stats and the occasional highlight.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

If we can get Harden next off season, that would be amazing!

It be interesting to see who Oklahoma keeps. Ibaka or Harden. They could possibly trade out other players (not Durant or Westbrook) for expirings to clear space to resign both Ibaka and Harden.

Of course we would have to go through another mediocre season.

We could try to get Gordan and/or Tyreke like everyone else is saying.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Evan turner anybody

1 person likes this.
  9. bilguun

bilguun Member

Is there anyway hornets would do a SnT gordan for lee?
    we would probably have to give up picks or take back someone like okafor

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

JaVale McGeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

in the draft hope DM can get a rebounding big man whom McHale can develop ala Al Jefferson...and i think that is Arnett Moultrie.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

so far moreys best move was trading thabeet and flynn for camby. now i hope he can make another good move on draft night

13. deshen

deshen Member

We need a solid starting 5, that has been being priority number one in the last few years. It looks like it will take forever to do that. Could not believe we missed the deal on Tyson Chandler last season.

Dalembert is not going to be a starter, neither the awesome 38 year-old Camby.

14. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Win!!!!

15. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Yes please.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Harden intrigues me; he is a guard, right? I know this, every time I see him he is scoring.

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Nuff said he is outplaying iggy every game right now and is drawing dbl teams

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Small Cheap Targets that could pay nice dividends.

Ishmael Smith, Alonzo Gee, Devin Ebanks, James Singleton, Jeremy Evans - These guys wont cost anything and have the potential to overachieve - classic Moreyball.

Medium Targets

Fields, Gerald Green, Mahinmi - will command a bit of attention and are definitely worth looking at if price is reasonable.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

So that's pretty much who i would target. Unlike the dreamcasting Monroe posts, Turner is def. someone Philly was considering trading before the deadline. He got hot again, and then went through another long stretch of poor production. He's only averaging 12 points per 34 minutes in the playoffs. I've said it before, and I'll say it again; Turner is a bad fit next to Iggy, and the 6ixers organization knows it. His youth and talent are undeniable. If we are gonna trade a bunch of our guys for an impact player, I'd rather gamble on someone as young and talented as Turner, who can grow with our team. I don't want a quick fix, i want to right this ship long-term.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We need to get Howard and DWill, then go after Novak for a minimum contract.