1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RealGM Rumor] Adelman goes to Portland next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Entropy, Dec 22, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entropy

Entropy Member

so I was checking out the RealGM forum for the Trailblazers, and the blazers fans are all up in arms about getting Adelman to replace Nate. One of the posters said this....

"It is not friction between Rick and the GM as much as it is Rick and the owner. The owner is psycho. Rick and him defiitely don't see eye to eye on most things. Next year is a team option year for Rick and it is highly doubtful (for many reasons) that the owner is going to offer him an extension. Without an extension Rick would be in a lame duck situation and Hou won't want that. That is why I think he will be let go after this year. There is only one other place Rick will coach after Hou and that would be Por. I think he will retire if he isn't coaching Por after he is done in Hou."

"It's not BS. I'm not a Rockets insider. Let's just say I have some knowledge when it comes to Adelman. I'll leave it at that."

Fact? or Fiction?

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It would be very strange if this were true. We've never heard talk of Les being difficult. And with this going as well as they are for the Rockets, I just don't see any reason the owner and coach would be butting heads.

3. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

WTF is this ****!? No way in hell... RealGM... really?

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yeah... RealGM in general is suspect, the realGM forums are super suspect. No truth at all. It's about as true as Lebron to Houston.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

The only reason I can think of is that Les loves Tmac, and Adelman wants Tmac gone. Otherwise, Adelman has been superb for the rockets.

6. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

NOOOOOOOOOOO. Real Gm is the most trusted source around. Someone make an adelman appreciation thread, hes gone for sure. if Real Gm says so, jesus says so.

7. Garner

Garner Member

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Baseless, although Les does hate anyone who coaches.

9. mi0304

mi0304 Member

Hope :grin:

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Stupid assumption. They're using some Rockets fans a s a source? Really? I've never seen or heard of any friction between Rick, Morey and Les. Keep dreaming Blazers fans. Rick can't magically keep your big men from getting injured, we know that for sure.

11. MD_in_Training

I highly doubt Les has any problems with Rick. Hell, Les even offered JVG an extension, that was turned down, of course.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is always something that has been floating around in the back of my mind.

13. MD_in_Training

Yeah, that we know first-hand to be true.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

15. MD_in_Training

What? That Les and Rick have problems? I have never seen or heard of any speculation like this.

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

One of the mods on that forum seemed to validate the guy's reliability on rumors.

"Typically, when someone posts something like that, people want some type of validation... e.g., a link to a professional article which makes that claim or a team/club connection, or simply a history of making claims that come true. TBPup has a history of his claims coming true so we don't really need validation. Unfortunately, there have been a lot of new fans joining RealGM over the last season or two who did not understand that and ragged on him, even though he's been right the past 8 or 9 years he's been making claims. People don't trust people on these websites so they want some form of validation. It's not necessary and certainly does not give reason to rag on a poster for making a claim, unless it's totally out there. Then it's open field day on em! hahahahaha"

17. Entropy

Entropy Member

The guy addressed that. He said there wasn't conflict with DM and Adelman, but actually with Adelman and Les, for whatever thats worth.

18. MD_in_Training

Huh? I was addressing the big man injury part.

19. Asian Sensation

First of all RealGm is garbage. To make it worse you're quoting one of their random posters. This is how bad rumors get spread.

Even if true....Rick's doing his job which is to win games. As an owner no matter how much bias you have towards a player (McGrady) if your employee is doing his job and doing it well (Adelman) there's no reason to not extend him the way things are going right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.