1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real Goals or Inflating Assets Ersatz Bball for the Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Feb 4, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is this season fake and charade? Or are the Rockets going to play this out and keep Oladipo/Tucker? You then are left with two options signing them or losing them for nothing. With an unlikely sign and trade are thrown in there.

How disappointed would you be if the Rockets made themselves a worse team before the trade deadline if they were around the 5th seed?

Xerobull, DCHAMP and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own ersatz thread

Highlyrated, Xerobull, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The only thing that makes it worth it imo would be we have KPJ who could take Dipo's minutes and Nwaba-Tate combo who could take PJs minutes. So you get "worse" but those guys have proven they can play and get more time. And you may be able to snag a really nice piece as well so that could help, maybe a Precious.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I really hope KPJ works out. If he somehow is averaging 20ppg next season and with Wood and all the other picks and cap space the Rockets could very good faster then I ever thought possible.

clos4life, saleem, Shark44 and 3 others like this.
  5. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

How many ways can we slightly change a title to make another thread about the same stuff?

clos4life, vator, slothy420 and 3 others like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m only giving the people what they ask for.

glynch, Os Trigonum and Jayzers_100 like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If there few games over .500 come deadline they will keep calm Maybe, But i bet they peek at the schedule first even if. But if there still .500 or below based on schedule or not, there going to pull the plug. Your just hindering your future team, and not building properly around wood and future incoming.

I wonder if they trade deadline will expire before or after your can see the next half of the schedule? Just curious.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think a S&T is a very likely outcome for either Tucker or Oladipo.

The teams they have their sights set on won't have cap space in the offseason .... they aren't taking the minimum , how else do they get to the team of their choosing ?

Tucker might take MLE money but they could use that MLE on someone else and done a S&T for Tucker instead. It's not going to cost a whole hell of a lot asset wise to acquire Tucker that way.

Oladipo reportedly wants to go to Miami .... but they'll be over the cap & he's not taking MLE money. Looking at the numbers , it appears that all but a few lottery bound teams will be operating above the cap next year. I don't see an option where he gets paid even his current $21m and it isn't a S&T , other than staying here and I don't see that as very likely.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Neither Tucker nor Oladipo have been that special this year. I don't think trading them will change our year significantly.

The real test will be if they look into trading Eric Gordon. He's been a huge key to us winning games but he's also having a bounce back year at 32. You could argue he's having his best year right now, is it time to trade high?

clos4life, gfab-babyboi and Easy like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't really mind if we get rid of veterans like Tucker, Dipo, and Gordon (or even Wall, which is close to impossible) and let the young guys play it out. We aren't winning the championship this year anyway. Just play the young guys and maybe one or two of them become another Christian Wood and we'll have values again.