1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Just mirroring what you did towards me when you invoked Trump in response to a post that I made talking about Sanders and Warren. And then you implied that I was not making sense.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Because you genuinely weren't making any sense to me on that subject to me. It's all good though, it doesn't seem like the conversation was going to go anywhere anyway, especially considering you blatantly admitted to being an ideologue.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It sounds like you do not really understand what that means.

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Do you agree change needs to be made then or we need to continue with the status quo?

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Change is needed and in process. More will be required afterwards. Life is a process of continual change. It is inevitable.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol...I definitely understand what ideologue means.

Here's the definition by Merriam Webster

Definition of ideologue

1: an often blindly partisan advocate or adherent of a particular ideology

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Well, that is not the only definition and that definition is not correct as applied to me.

So what that means is that you do not know as much as you think that you do.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Democrats' fundraising strategy seems to be moving away from self-interested big donors anyway. I don't think Warren needs their money.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

OK then. Let's hope that she doesn't.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Regardless of who wins the next election, I do hope that. I hope Trump does the same, and has success with it. It would definitely be a good thing for our democracy if our presidential campaigns could be funded by large populations of small donors instead of small populations of large donors.

snowconeman22 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

That is where Trump's contributions largely come from.

Let's see if that is true for whoever the nominee for the Democrats is. It certainly has not been the last three presidential election cycles.

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Were you bothered because only having 10 candidates at a time on stage for these debates is not enough in your view? Well, you are in luck, as it appears that the next debate will on one night, with what appears to be 12 candidates this time around. Oh, goodie.

October Democratic debate will be on one night

The Democratic National Committee intends to hold its fourth presidential primary debate on one night in October, packing the stage with as many as 12 qualified candidates.

"To address several inquiries we have received we are writing to let you know that, pending a final decision after the certification deadline, it is the intention of the DNC and our media partners to hold the October debate over one night on Tuesday October 15th," the DNC wrote in an email to campaigns on Friday.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ready the clown car for this one as well

Good ol' middle-class Joe.

2019 for those to say that was just the old Joe, not the new, polished Joe

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Tulsi Gabbard has apparently reversed her position, and will now support the Democrat's impeachment effort against President Trump.

Tulsi Gabbard reverses position, supports Trump impeachment inquiry

Well, sadly, this makes sense, as her former position - as principled as it clearly was - was politically untenable for her, especially if she wants to continue to run for president as a Democrat and stay in the race.

I had previously been so impressed with her previous, principled stand. I had been starting to think that principled decision making was on the verge of becoming extinct in today's Democrat party. And she all of the sudden stood up and declared that she was going to do the right thing. It was a refreshing as it was impressive.

But, the pressure of the Democrat left lynch mob, which is currently in one of it's periodic frenzies, was apparently too much for her. Is there anyone left in that crowd who will even try to stand up to the howls of the mob and provide some principled leadership? If there is, I could not tell you who it might be.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Gabbard is such a joke.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/outside-groups

This is was a lie spread by Trump early in the campaign. The very initial onset, he spent his own money and road the wave of free media coverage for most of his campaigning.

It's another easily verifiable lie from Trump.

Nook likes this.
  17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Hillary Clinton outspent Donald Trump by an enormous amount. It was actually several multiples, if I remember correctly. And she was hugely funded by Wall Street, Hollywood, Corporate money and super wealthy big money donors. As was Barack Obama before her.

Trump was not funded by Wall Street or Hollywood, or to any large extent corporate donations. And to the extent that he had big money donations from super wealthy contributors, they were a tiny fraction of what the Democrats received and spent. That is a fact and as such, it is not possible for you to verify anything to the contrary of that.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Warren, unfortunately, admitted that she will only be denying PAC money, wealthy donor money for the primary and not the general. She said she’ll take anything she can get for the general. She also used 10 million from her congressional race to fund per presidential campaign, which included money raised mostly from sources that she has swore off from in her for the primaries.

Trump also took big money in the general.

The only candidate doing pure small dollar donations, primary and general, is Bernie I believe.

adoo and snowconeman22 like this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

According to CNN, Elizabeth Warren in rising in the polls among Democrats. But not with hardly anyone else.

Elizabeth Warren's rising popularity has been limited to Democrats

A new Quinnipiac University poll out this week finds Sen. Elizabeth Warren with a 74% favorable rating and a 10% unfavorable rating among potential Democratic primary voters. Her favorable rating is up significantly from 61% in May, while her unfavorable rating is down from 16%.

However, her growing popularity does not seem to be extending to outside the Democratic base. Quinnipiac was kind enough to provide me with a crosstab of how non-potential Democratic voters (i.e. those who are not Democrats or Democratic-leaning independents) feel about Warren.

This month, she comes in with an 11% favorable rating and a 70% unfavorable rating among this group.

What's interesting is the trendline. Back in Quinnipiac's May poll, Warren's favorable rating with non-potential Democratic primary voters was 8%, compared to an unfavorable rating of 66%. A CNN poll a month later put Warren with an 11% favorable and 66% unfavorable rating with this group. Put another way, Warren has not really seen any improvement with non-potential Democratic primary voters over the summer, even as she has dramatically improved with Democrats.

{More at the link}​

If anyone thinks this impeachment effort is not being motivated to some significant extent by the realization that Joe Biden is not going to be able to finish this race and that the appeal of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders is almost exclusively to leftist voters, then you are fooling yourself.

The Democrat elite powers that be know that they have to do everything they can to try to take out Trump before the 2020 election, and that if they are unsuccessful, they are very likely to lose again.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member