1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I do not affiliate or identify with a party. But ideologically, I am a conservative. For people who are so devotedly tribal in their politics that they cannot imagine or conceive of anyone approaching these questions any other way, I guess this can be confusing. But I do not think like you, and that also means I do not think like you, just in reverse. Your confusion about statements like the one that you quoted from me above starts from the wrong and false assumption that I do think like you, only in reverse. I do not.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes, they would have Warren over Bernie. But the claim @MojoMan is making is that the corporate establishment want Warren over BIDEN.

3. fchowd0311

It's your post history, not "projection" that makes me conclude you are a straight ticket Republican.

Rashmon and JayGoogle like this.
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So the Democrats in congress are moving to impeach Trump for extortion? That is your story and you are sticking to it?

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Again, your obsession with tribalism is blinding you to the possibility that people vote based on ideology or other factors and just do not identify themselves with any particular political party.

Also, as I just stated, I am not a moderate. I am a conservative. That is what you have observed in my posting history. Not any loyalty to the Republican party. But if it amuses you to bear false witness against me, even after you have had the error explained to you repeatedly, then you do you.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think they would clearly prefer Biden, but we all agree, Biden clearly sucks. As much as they agree with him politically, he's horrific as a motivator/speaker. The man can't speak coherently whatsoever, I'd say even less than Trump. Trumps best attribute is to be a bully, it's to belittle his opponents for their goofiness and mistakes. Warren may be Pocahontas...but outside of that she's very sharp and coherent, Joe on the other hand is a non-stop mess and I think Trump would absolutely rag doll him.

I don't think it's too crazy for the mainstream media to have noticed that, as disoriented and out of control the media looks, they're still controlled by smart/rich people with an agenda, and Bernie as president would be absolutely devastating for them.

MojoMan likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

Extortion and campaign finance violations.

What do you call withholding military aid to a country without warning allies and consulting your own staff and then call said country to suggest them to investigate your own political rival? That's pretty clear cut extortion.

8. fchowd0311

If the mainstream media has noticed that Biden isn't as popular as Warren than that would kinda trash @MojoMan's rhetoric that they are "preferring" Warren over Biden for "establisment reasons" rather than just reading the room or in this case reading the voters.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I read his post different. It looks like he said, Biden sucks and will fall off, Warren is the only other major candidate outside of Bernie that could replace him, so they are pushing Warren.

MojoMan likes this.
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Pocahontas is not likely to be very good for them either. In fact, her being determined to be the Democrat's best available option by many of the Democrat establishment types is borderline surreal.

11. fchowd0311

He explicitly made a statement about "you are going to let the establishment media decide" when in reality it's the establishment media REACTING to voter sentiment. He's making the reverse claim.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I saw that, I just lumped it in as a cheap shot on left voters, independent from his other point. But your right this Warren over Biden is a reaction to voter sentiment.

MojoMan likes this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd call the Ukraine fiasco abuse of office or corruption -- because he's using his official powers for personal benefit. The vehicle may happen to be extortion, but it feels a little narrow. You can probably put extortion in a laundry list alongside abuse of power, obstruction, emoluments, and the kitchen sink.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The President of Ukraine says he did not feel pushed during that conversation, much less "extorted". But I know that you guys are full on into another one of your lynch mob type frenzies, during which it is not possible to reason with you. So, if this does not clear this up for you - and I am sure it will not - then it is probably best to just leave you to your mass hysteria TDS mob style frenzy.

Ukraine president says he didn’t feel ‘pushed’ during call with Trump

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Wednesday he did not feel pressured during his phone call with President Trump — as Trump doubled down on his call for Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden.

“We had — I think good phone call. It was normal. We spoke about many things, and I — so I think and you read it that nobody pushed me,” he said during a sit-down Wednesday, adding that he was reluctant to get involved in US politics.​

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

There needs to be a specific law that was broken, and also a clearly identifiable and supportable instance where President Trump broke that law. If this is just going to be a loose attribution of wrongdoing - like "collusion" - without any statutory authority, then this is just a naked political witch hunt, regardless of what kind of spin that you or anyone else who is supporting this tries to put on it.

And most people are going to see it that way.

And it is my sense that we are discussing the Democrat's latest scheme to try to impeach Trump in this thread about the Democrat presidential primary thread because the Democrat's are coming to the conclusion that they are not likely to be able to beat Trump in the actual election, so this latest desperation attempt to bring him down by some sort of pathetically weak impeachment effort is the best idea for how to give their candidate a pathway to the presidency.

#1795 MojoMan, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Him even seeking help from Ukraine is against the law. This was already confirmed by Rudy.

Now whether this was Quid Pro Quo or extortion or whatever, more information will be needed to cement that, but at the very least he sought the help of Ukraine to help bury Biden.

17. fchowd0311

LOL, he's literally sitting right next to Trump. The immense clout that the US president has in terms of aid, you think the Ukranian President is going to dump fuel and light a match right in front of him? Really? I hope you are not that naive. If the Ukrainian President feels extorted he is going to say it in private channels.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So, you and presumably the Democrats in Congress are just going to assume that Trump extorted a leader of a country, despite no real evidence to support that assertion and with public testimony by that leader to the contrary. And that is going to be your basis for impeaching the President of the United States.

Go for it.

19. fchowd0311

I think withholding military aid that was already promised without informing allies and your own staff and then precede to call said country who you are threatening to withhold military aid from and requesting to investigate a political opponent is enough probable cause for a thorough investigation which an impeachment inquiry is. Is that fair enough?

Nook likes this.
  20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Tulsi Gabbard will participate in the October debate.

Gabbard qualifies for fourth presidential debate

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) became the 12th Democratic presidential candidate to qualify for the party’s October primary debate on Tuesday after a new poll showed her with 2 percent support in New Hampshire.

To qualify for the October debate, candidates have to collect contributions from 130,000 unique donors and register at least 2 percent in four Democratic National Committee-approval polls. Gabbard met the donor benchmark weeks ago but has struggled to notch enough support in a fourth poll to put her over the polling threshold.

That changed on Tuesday after a Monmouth University poll showed the Hawaii congresswoman with 2 percent support among registered New Hampshire Democrats and unaffiliated voters who are likely to vote in the crucial first-in-the-nation primary on Feb. 11.​