1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ray Rice knocks fiancee unconscious

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tallanvor, Feb 19, 2014.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Bc he has sucked at his job...over and over. Any CEO type could have made the NFL profitable. The issue with Goodell is that he has botched any major issues that have come up. Lying and covering up with situation is the last straw. He has no problem dropping the hammer on others, but he doesn't hold himself accountable.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Man, I thought it was hilarious when i was watching the recap of the game and they interviewed women wearing the Ray Rice jerseys. What a bunch of dumbasses

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What did the guy ask them and what did they respond? :confused:

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who do you want to perform instead?

Suzanne Vega, singing "My Name is Luka?"

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL has informed Ray Rice that it increased suspension because video showed &quot;starkly different&quot; sequence of events than Rice's version.</p>&mdash; Jane McManus (@janesports) <a href="https://twitter.com/janesports/status/510450351116648448">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess

looks at these dumbasses
    [​IMG]

considering that 40% of cops are domestic abusers
    you must consider them dumbasses too . . .right?

Rocket River
    let's be equal in our assessments

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

100% of Baltimore Ravens players named Ray Rice are domestic abusers.

If you wanted to be equal, you needed women supporting individual proven domestic abusers.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S8-pS3qD5uM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TVxpE8Sk9Xo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qo513P0eCOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iQig-CT9Fi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Bill Simmons (Grantland) putting on his investigative reporter hat:

Quote:
    Q: So I have to wait for someone Goodell hired to find out if Goodell is lying? I have no reason to think the AP report isn’t true, and for owners to stand by Goodell because he’s made them enough money is terrible.
    —Lee Brewer, Los Angeles

BS: So you don’t have a ton of confidence in an “independent” investigation led by owners from two of the team’s oldest-run families (the Maras and Rooneys) and conducted by someone who works for a law firm (WilmerHale) that just helped the NFL negotiate a 10-figure deal with DirecTV? And you think maybe it doesn’t look great that the current Ravens president (Dick Cass) spent 30 years working for that same law firm? Hold on, what’s that smell?​

Wow. It's just getting worse and worse for Goodell and the NFL.

10. SwoLy-D

^^ EDIT: Thank you for posting those, J.R. dude. :eek:

LOLs @ RICE University name change suggestion. :grin:

<iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:thedailyshow.com:daea0cf7-337e-43e8-a0c1-653a445d66ba" width="360" height="293" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><b><a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/">The Daily Show</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/">Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href="http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow">The Daily Show on Facebook</a>,<a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos">Daily Show Video Archive</a></p></div></div>

LOL @ Rocket River... :grin:

Seriously, you think that was a good analogy, man? LOLs...

#650 SwoLy-D, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

You sir, are a magician. Can turn any topic into an anti-police message.

I think for fun everybody should just post the most random-est of topic and let Rocket River do his thing. We can call the game six degrees of (anti-police->anti-pig->) anti-bacon.

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Considering that Baltimore is composed mostly of trashy idiots, I am not surprised by anything coming from their fan base.

13. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Its amusing to say the least. Sit back and watch how every single step backfires on them. Reminds me of something my coworker says a lot: Give them enough rope, he will hang himself. I think it is a particularly fitting description.

14. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

What i find really interesting is that all the women I saw interviewed were white :eek:

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just want us to have some perspective on this whole mess

Rocket River

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The perspective that violence is a common occurrence, and even more so among fat bullies like cops, isn't new.

This guy is a millionaire entertainer in the public eye and was caught red handed yet not punished until video was released.

17. mario_v

mario_v Member

Who would win if it was ray rice and Ronda rousey in the elevator?

18. SwoLy-D

^ Rousey, Armbar (because Rice is that short) KO in the 2nd.
    You didn't fully watch ALL the videos posted. :eek: Please play the last one.

Rocket River, the perspective is that DENYING that to the NFL office as a player, and then also THE WIFE still by his side... isn't the same as what you're comparing. Please, man... it's not even remotely the same... don't confuse the two... :cool: I know you to be a user here with sense in most responses... I'm losing that with this point you're trying to make, man.

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Correction, I didnt watch ANY videos you posted

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Have a feeling Ray would be hollerin " yall get off""!