1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Gemini Man - 6/10

For a 1$ rental, very good. But a lot of flaws. You will have to suspend your belief that two high end assassins can't seem to kill each other after spending 15 minutes within 10 feet of each other. And that every other trained assassin can't hit a target. The last assassin was actually interesting, but just as stupid in the end. You also will be asked to care about little Will Smith with almost no justification to care for him at all. The exposition is excessive. That said, it's not a terrible film. It's just not believable and nothing new. It's missing a lot of glue to hold it together.

#8661 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  2. cardpire

cardpire Member

it was just ok. as a rule of thumb, all netflix original movies are barely going to be worth watching. don't know why i keep trying.

3. Buck Turgidson

Dude, that sucks, I've been there. Did yours break all the way or just crack? Last time it happened to me, mine were cracked for a few days until 1 morning I sneezed and felt them break...worst pain I've ever been in.

I'm assuming you've watched everything in the previous 432 pages of movie recommendations? ;)

4. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Disaster Artist - 7.5/10. I think this is the kind of movie that will rub some people the wrong way and others will die laughing (sort of like Napoleon Dynamite)...Glad I watched it and glad it wasn't super long.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven’t seen it in years, but it was considered ground breaking at the time. One could argue that it started a “sub-genre” of WWII prison camp films and, of course, Hogan’s Heroes. My point was the level of performance Wilder coaxed from his actors. William Holden won his only Oscar in 1954 for Stalag 17. He was nominated 3 years earlier for Sunset Boulevard (and many years later, towards the end of his career, for Network). The defense rests! ;-)

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

One is fully snapped. 2 others cracked. This isn't my first time doing this. Actually, this time doesn't hurt as bad as the first time.

I've seen a lot of movies because I tend to get hurt a lot :(

I watched Just Mercy last night because it was a free rental. 6/10. It's based on a true story of a lawyer that goes to Alabama to work death row cases.The story is compelling but the movie was just missing some aspects and didn't feel as powerful as it could have been.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

cardpire likes this.
  8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Finally watched Extraction last night. This one definitely is the exception to the rule that Netflix movies are average at best. Very solid and very violent,a and I love some of the over-the-shoulder pov camera work during the fight scenes. There's talk of a sequel which I wouldn't mind at all.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

finished it last night. Stronger in the second half than the first. Humor is still way outdated and not funny. This is a film that is ripe for a remake. Honestly I'd put my own score for it at around a 6/10. But glad I finished it. Classic in a Great Escape kind of way.

Deckard likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

Anna and the Apocalypse: 7/10 on Hulu
    It almost lost me in the first 20 minutes as there were five Musical numbers within that time frame. It was not allowing the story to develop. That's a pace of 25 songs in the 1hour& 38 minutes runtime.

I turned to my kid & the wifey to say, "This is not a musical. It's C grade Broadway. "
    which got me a "Hussshh"
    After those 20 minutes, story picks up fast. Some nice original zombie kills.

Watching Extraction tonight.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Invisible Man -- creepy modern take on a ghost/ demon horror story -- some nice twists and surprises. I really liked the actress she is an absolute chameleon with her character.

7.8/ 10

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I’m still waiting on the Valley Girl remake review. I hate that they made it a musical.

13. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

she was Polly (the burn victim) in Girl, Interrupted.

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

rewatched Trumbo. 8/10. still good, Bryan Cranston is great, actually the whole cast is excellent

15. conquistador#11

Extraction(Netflix)- 9/10 for an action flick, it's nearly perfect.
    Glad I read the posts on this film here or else I would have missed this gem. Skyrocketed to my top action movies of the 2010s. I watched it Tuesday night. It was so great I went to my dad's house and watched it with him the following day. He's always complaining they don't make action movies like they did in the 80s. The entire cast had their moments.
    Goonies from hell

Child's Play remake (Hulu) 6.7 / 10: Personally I like my dolls possessed by evil forces more, rather than some refurbished A.I that was faulty. That's what I thought before watching this reboot. The faulty A.I gone rogue concept worked . I thought it was creepier than the original. 'This is for 2pac' is one of the funniest unexpected lines. Now I feel compelled to watch the last 2 chucky movies.

16. Buck Turgidson

You may have also seen her in every single episode of Mad Men.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Tropa Elita(Elite Squad) and Tropa Elita 2. Foreign Brazilian movies.

Watched both again for the umpteenth time. Great movies about BOPA in the slums of Brazil. I advise you watch them in order. Same writer who wrote of City of God. Wagner Moura is a fantastic actor and the action and story are really well done.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Kill the Irishman. 8/10. somehow had missed this one the first time around. good solid mob flick

19. Buck Turgidson

You should check out "The General" and "In Bruges". I love Brendan Gleeson.

Maybe also "The Limey" and "Sexy Beast".

eta: I just remembered "The Guard"...great movie, watch that too.

#8679 Buck Turgidson, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    GRENDEL and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson