1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That might be a good line in a novel or a screenplay. I’ll give it a try.

Buck was sitting at the bar a couple of hours later, nursing a beer, when Fatty walked in and spotted him. Parking himself on a stool next to his friend, he leaned over. “What happened to you? After that guy tried to make a hole in the parking lot from ten stories up, the movie really took off.”

“I had to take a leak and just kept walking. The flick had nothing to do with it.”

The slender redhead behind the bar came over and gave Fatty a quizzical look, who pointed at Buck’s glass and said, “I’ll have what he’s having, and bring him another.” Two drafts were parked in front of the pair soon after. They both watched her move off and looked at each other. “She should be illegal,” Fatty said as he gave himself a foam mustache and set the pint down. “So what was it?”

“You’re a persistent son of a b****, aren’t you,” Buck said. “Leave it alone.”

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

tom cruise takes any movie from a c to an a. easily. 30 years from now the oscars will be called the cruise

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Been wanting to watch Midsommar did not know it was on Prime, will watch this weekend.

4. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Saw this at an Alamo yesterday as well and enjoyed it quite a bit. I love those theaters.

Deckard likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

It's a proper ****ed up movie. Enjoy.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’ve seen it 3 times. Love it.

Deckard likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

This is brilliant, and I don't even know what else to say about it.

Born on the Fourth of July is the other one of his I really like.

Deckard likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Negative, Ghostrider.

9. likestohypeguy

Knives out- could have been great. Good "clue" style feel, with all the rewinds and quirky characters, old mansion sets. I liked all the actors, and love daniel craig... but that one-note phony accent was distracting to every great scene otherwise.

Dr. Sleep - big ewan mcgregor fan too, he and this movie delivered. About thirty minutes too long, should be tightened up a little, but really liked it. Weird circumstance, just when I happened to switch over from cable to video, the original the shining just happened to be on a cable channel. As I finished dr. sleep and switched back over to cable, the original had just ended and the same music was playing at the end of both.

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Doctor Sleep was a very good adaptation. I wish they could have made The True Knot scarier though.

In my opinion they leaned a little too heavily on The Overlook to deliver scares, and Kubrick's vision for The Shining.

It was a good movie, but I slept like a baby after watching it.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  11. likestohypeguy

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood- almost didn't watch this even though I love Fred Rogers, because I'm kind of a post comedy Tom Hanks hater. In fact stopped it after the opening sequence, to watch multiple show openings by the real Mr. rogers, and got mad that I don't think he did his best to nail it, I think in trying to avoid mimicking, made it his own a little. But could have had a little more panache, is all I ask. I honestly think I could have done that better with enough study and practice.

That said, I got off youtube and resumed the movie, and HOLY CRAP did I not see that coming, got over my problems with tom hanks real quick, the main character main story was awesome. Never saw some dark tangent coming out of this, not what I expected at all. Great movie overall.

Most of all, the soundtrack, I hope can be acquired... it is INCREDIBLE. Best music beginning to end in a long time. Must see.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Bombshell - 7 out of 10. Perhaps the history was too recent, as I struggled with whether I enjoyed Charlize Thieron's and Nicole Kidman's performances... were they acting or impersonations? Again, perhaps too close to the actuals, but it just seemed odd when Gerlado, Cavuto, and Hannity (characters) had their brief scene. Still, all the main actors (above, Robbie, Lithgow, Janney, McKinnon) gave strong performances.

13. Buck Turgidson

At Close Range - rewatched last night for the first time in ages, and it's as good as I remember. Walken and Sean Penn are great, and I had forgotten until reading about it afterwards that it is a true story (or as close as Hollywood gets to one).

mikol13 likes this.
  14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Dark Waters - 8/10.

It’s a little Erin Brockovich(ish) but an actual lawyer doing something right for the people. It’s a really good story and well put together film.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Just saw it last night. Great movie and cast (Anne Hathaway, Mare Winningham, Tim Robbins, Bill Pullman) and even though I am not the biggest Mark Ruffalo fan, his central character didn't take away from this one.

davidio840 likes this.
  16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Ranking the Oscar nominated films I've seen so far (just my opinion):

1. Jojo Rabbit
    2. Joker
    3. Parasite
    4. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    5. Knives Out
    6. The Irishman
    7. Marriage Story
    8. Ford vs. Ferrari

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

But it was boring af to me. Maybe I expected too much.

Good story, I pretty much knew it beforehand. I liked the acting, it was just a snoozer for me.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Midway

Watched this on a whim On Demand. Had really low expectations and was pretty highly surprised. I enjoyed it.

19. likestohypeguy

Hah snl took an angle on this Saturday. His accent coach was an insane person, everything a screaming cartoon character.

20. Buck Turgidson

Solid.

I'd go, of the one's I've seen...

Jojo
    Once Upon a Time
    Parasite
    Irishman
    Joker
    Knives
    Ford

Didn't see Marriage Story, but apparently I should. Also if I watched all those movies again my opinion would change.

bratna8 likes this.